• Thread starter Thread starter rsen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,286

rsen

Regular
ISP
Bsnl
I'm using BSNL broadband Home1000, and the reliability of the connection is just terrible.
Although the "average" speed is roughly about 1-1.5Mbps and about 2Mbps at night, the latency is really unreliable and the routing policy used by BSNL seems downright ridiculous.

For example, the ping time to Google is around 268ms average.
Even servers in India do not have sub 50ms ping times, which is completely absurd.

Having such extremely high ping times (and the occasional packet loss) makes playing any fps game online basically impossible.

So my question is, is BSNL just complete shit ? Will it be better to just move to a different ISP like Reliance ?

I'm looking for something on par with Home 1000 i.e. 1-2Mbps consistently or more; 5-7 GB download limit and preferably unlimited or unlimited night time connection (in which case the download limit wouldn't apply).

I heard that reliance broadband is a lot better, is this true ?

BSNL is not good for online gaming.

I play CS online and I have BSNL too atm,my latencies varies from 60-80 on V-street and the IGL servers this is because I'm from Pune which is close to Mumbai where the server is located.Now if Pune-Mumbai pings 60 where normally it should ping 10-20,I can't even imagine what the ping in Kolkata would be like.Your best bet would be to change to Tata or Airtel if its available in your area.

I play CS online and I have BSNL too atm,my latencies varies from 60-80 on V-street and the IGL servers this is because I'm from Pune which is close to Mumbai where the server is located.
Now if Pune-Mumbai pings 60 where normally it should ping 10-20,I can't even imagine what the ping in Kolkata would be like.
Your best bet would be to change to Tata or Airtel if its available in your area.

Thanks, it's really absurd that latency to indian servers is 60-80ms, anyone know why this is happening ? Are complete morons setting up BSNL's routing policy ?

Airtel implements FUP so it's not a good choice for online gaming I believe (I might be wrong) though yes ping times are better.

I have no idea about Tata.

Anyone from Kolkata have any input on this lol ?