BSNL Broadband Fibernet Superstar 500 plan with free hotstar subscription

• Thread starter Thread starter razpor
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,429
I cant find anything related to this on bsnl twitter,is this true??

Last edited by a moderator:
It's there on BSNL Kerala's website -CUSTOMER VALUE-

This is definitely a better plan than daily limits , however monthly limit should atleast have been 600gb if not 750 gb. 500gb is too less.

I have a question does the 500gb limit include downloaded data +uploaded data or just the dowloaded data???

I have a question does the 500gb limit include downloaded data +uploaded data or just the dowloaded data???

If upload data is not included in the calculations, there are multiple ways to (mis)use it. For example, I can use it to upload hundreds of GBs of data as a backup. I can host multiple sites too, even though it'd be (lot) slower than having it hosted in a dedicated data center.

If upload data is not included in the calculations, there are multiple ways to (mis)use it. For example, I can use it to upload hundreds of GBs of data as a backup. I can host multiple sites too, even though it'd be (lot) slower than having it hosted in a dedicated data center.
That makes a lot of sense ,thanks for the explanation.
So does that mean even the daily data caps that we have now include both upload and download datas, i am pretty sure i have crossed 15 gb a day(999 plan) several times in download(not including upload) before my speed reduces ,maybe it was a technical issue with bsnl in that case ,that could be the only explanation?

I tried to get this plan on selfcare protal and it didnt show it in the plan list.

Finally went to the bsnl office and submitted an application. They changed plan to Superstar 500.
Shows online as Base-HS-H-UPG-10MB-500G-2MB
Funny they said they only knew superstar 300 cause one person had got it before ( they work on 50% of nagpur). Then opened my profile and found I was the one they configured it for. No one uses this plan apparently? They had to basically configure the Hotstar mobile number and that had taken some time cause I submitted the application online and had no number clearly mentioned. They added my main number then where i get sms.

Great plan IMO. for 200 extra you get 200gb extra. I wish they lower the price though. Hope to convert to Fiber soon with same plan.

I don’t see the point of this plan though, for Rs 849 you get 600 GB at 50 Mbps. This plan is Rs 949 for 500 GB at 50 Mbps with Hotstar premium. Hotstar premium costs Rs 999 per annum if you take it separately, opting for this plan would mean you’d up paying 1200 + tax ie Rs 1416 for the same thing. So you pay Rs 417 more by opting for this plan and get 100 GB less data allowance.

zlfRxHQ.png
LzZsCfQ.png

The only difference is that you get to pay the Hotstar premium fee monthly as compared to annual. 🤷‍♂️

600GB CUL is not available on ADSL broadband.. Good analysis though. Also prefer to pay for Hotstar monthly since you never know when family finds watching stuff online too much hassle and shifts to DTH again..