BSNL Broadband Fair Usage Policy Implementation

• Thread starter Thread starter User
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2,134
ISP
BSNL
I have BSNL 750UL connection.I am getting speed above 1 Mbps even my FUP limit is over.I have used above 12 GB but speed remains same as before FUP.Is anyone experiencing this .Are they going to charge extra.

Sometime it happens like this
as your in Unlimited plan nothing will be charged extra
So dont worry
Enjoy till the speed lasts

Mostly happen when if you do not turn off the modem. No worries, no extra charges.

16+ GB crossed as of today... still getting 1.5Mbps speed on UL750 plan (now renamed/hiked to ULD800 plan)
https://www.speedtest.net
anyone in bangalore getting similar benefit? 🙂
Plan says - upto 1Mbps speed upto 6Gb download, but in reality:
1) in the beginning of the month, speed will be around 1.5Mbps
2) some months FUP gets applied, some months no FUP

wish this error happens every month. i noticed this error happens randomly.
does this mean that someone manually controls this check/Fup?

It must be some error while setting speed profile in DSLAM at exchange.

Sangtea Hmar Fnz said:
For those who still have high speed after the limit.. Did you shutdown your computer (modem) or continuously used it?
I shutdown my compuer/modem once a day.

I just had this phenomenon yesterday. I have a 20Gb FUP and it was exhausted 2 days back. I noticed yesterday about 7:40PM that I am getting full speed on Torrents, so kicked off all torrents and downloaded about 20 Gb overnight 😉
From about 8 or 9AM it is FUPed again at 512kbps. Lets hope it picks up again at night...
Didnt do anything special with router/modem, switching off or on etc...

I'm on BBG 2250 ULD 4 Mbps / 175 GB FUP plan. The speeds were consistently around 3.4 Mbps (even after resetting modem a bunch of times) even after 175 GB and only went down to 256 kbps after hitting 235 GB last night. 🙁
Guessing it's an oversight at the exchange and they fixed it. Oh well.

So basically. I have consumed more than 230GB this month. My plan is 175GB. I had no idea I was consuming so much bandwidth as I do not keep track of it. Checked last night and Bitmeter OS showed 220GB. And this is just my desktop. I am still getting 4mbps. Though I have stopped downloads for the remaining month. I hope I have not triggered some mechanism in their backend for next month!

My plan is 750ULD. According to the plan I must get 1 MBps till 6 GB then 512 KBps. But I am getting 1 MBps speed throughout the whole month since last 4-5 months. And my data usage per month is approx. 80-90 GB 😀

I guess if you dont restart the modem after you cross the limit, it continues at the same speed. I realized that last week, when I was getting same speed post the 20Gb limit. However, I restarted my modem the next day and then was stuck at the FUP speed of 512kbps... will try again this month.