BSNL Broadband error no. 678

• Thread starter Thread starter nisarg27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,746

nisarg27

ISP
BSNL
hello all. i'm getting error no. 678 while trying to connect with net from last 7 days, at the last i upgraded my modem's firmware from BSNL KARNATAKA site. then after i got error no. 678. plz help me. no body is listening to my complain at BSNL. what to do????

1. Ask them to check your port at the exchange. 2. Reset the modem and reconfigure again. 3. Please mention modem - model and make

hello meet dilip, thanks for looking towards me, my modem model no: ZTE 831Kii and making date is 25/7/2007 , if i reset my modem from back side, then how to reconfigure it? i really don't know. plz guide me.

Type 192.168.1.1 in your modem. Enter ID and password as admin. Post the screen shot of the landing page.

Type 192.168.1.1 in your modem. Enter ID and password as admin. Post the screen shot of the landing page.

hello, i tried to reconfigure modem, as it was displayed step by step on one link, though it was not working. so, as people from the exchange told to change alternate DNS server, and it gone a work. "BUT THE PROBLEM IS: INTERNET STARTS IT SELF AS I CLICK ON BROWSER (i.e. LAN is connected), BUT IT STILL SHOWS ERROR:678 WHEN I CLICK ON CONNECT BUTTON OF BROAD BEND CONNECTION " , plz guide. i dont wont to start internet as i connect LAN.

I think you are in PPPoE mode. So no need to try to connect using dialer. Simply switching ON the modem will start the internet. Give the modem a bit time to connect to the server and then try using a browser.

Ok. but plz guide me, what changes i need to make the connections as original. (i.e. through broad bend user name and password.)

i dont wont to start internet as i connect LAN.
http:/ rajasthan.bsnl.co.in/main/ZTE_ZXDSL_831_Type-1_.doc

1. Delete the entry with PVC name pppoe_0_35 with the help of the icon provided on the right hand side of this row.
2. After deleting the entry 0/35, click Add on bottom.
3. Edit the VCI value as 35 instead of 38 (service category should be UBR without PCR), click Next.
4. Select Protocol as Bridging with Encapsulation type as LLC/SNAP. Click Next.
5. Leave the IP address page and Click Next.
6. Click Apply. It will take a moment to apply your settings.
7. Click System on Left hand side and click the sub title Reset and Restart.
8. Without checking the check box Reset to factory default settings, click Restart directly to get your modem reboot, after the modem gets rebooted, connect your broadband by using the Dialer on your desktop.

OR

open 192.168.1.1 admin admin
select WAn select line 0_35 EDIT
Uncheck PPP/PPPoE
select "Bridged"
SAVE reboot wait for one or two minutes.
Now try the "Dialer" from your Computer Window.

Ok. but plz guide me, what changes i need to make the connections as original. (i.e. through broad bend user name and password.)

I couldn't get you. I think internet is working for you. What changes do you need ?

Not able to view the image. Upload it in tinypic and post the forum code