BSNL Broadband: Error 678 Problem - Have lost hopes from BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter smasher007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 14,626
Since you are using the USB Port
try 192.168.1.2
In your computer an ethernet card is usually available.
If Desktop, at the back you will find a big
Telephone like Port called Rj45.

Copy/Paste the following data:
Staret RUn type cmd ok
New window opens
type ipconfig /all
You can try this>
Start/ all programs/ accessories
communications
Network connection wizard.
follow instructions.
Then
Start/ Network / LAN ( your usb port connection also will appear)
Properties
Network connections
On the top check ethernet card is listed..
Para two:
now try to set the modem.
dialer mode
The little I know about Dataone Broadband Services offered by BSNL
router mode.
The little I know about Dataone Broadband Services offered by BSNL

@ animishprime

how do u connect to net from day 1? [i.e. since the day u got the connection]
if you are using it thru USB, then stop using it thru USB! its gets disconnected frequently...same thing has happened in most cases for members here.

If u dont have ethernet onboard, or if you have one, but not able to connect thru it, then u will have to buy a NIC - Network Interface Card..which costs around Rs. 300-500. then connect ur modem thru that and check..

if problem still persists, then call BSNL exchange, ask them to check line.

to essbebethnks for reply and help. i tried entering 192.168.1.2 but still no page is coming.though i havnet tried ur next method which u gave till this moment will try it in the night and will post my results tomorrow.thanks for helpto RVK2488no dude,actually i was using the ethernet card at first but suddenly that error 678 started to come in july.so i hav to use the usb.and yes its much brittle.its very bad for torrents.and i called bsnl and ther xpert also came.but he couldnt solve the problem and give me suggestion to use usb.since then i am using this usb as it atleast connects to the net.it hardly remains connected for 1 hour.i have found it connected maximum for 2 hours only 2 times though.

ohbut get that problem of LAN sorted out as soon as possible..coz I was also using USB for a few months last year..does not remain stable.its really frustrating!

yes now i am going to try the method posted above by eesbebe and see whats happans.otherwise i am going to bother bsnl as much as i can.will post the results tomorrow.

the miracle happened !my bsnl get connected with lan port.and that also by me doing nothing.:yahoo::thumbsup:
i just conected the modem to pc through ethernet and dialed the net.and whoila!net is conected.
now it is showing lan upto 1Gbps which it has never shown before.
what could be possible reason?
is it because yesterday i downloded the latest realtek lan driver[ver 4.1.100.1332]for my MB and installed it?

whatever but now net is getting conected:wewin:
also now that 192.168.1.1 page is also shown.
thanks everyone who helped me.

----------

btw this are the images
first is of my bb connection on usb
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9832/bbimage1e.jpg
this is after getting connected on lan
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9812/bbimage2.jpg
and this of page 192.168.1.1
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8772/bbimage3.jpg
is everything perfect or do i need to change something?

is it because yesterday i downloded the latest realtek lan driver[ver 4.1.100.1332]for my MB and installed it?

most probably.
congrats!