BSNL Broadband: Error 678 Problem - Have lost hopes from BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter smasher007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 14,625

smasher007

ISP
BSNL
Hi guys, I am from Pune, I have a UL1350 Plus (512 Kbps) and I am facing an Error 678 problem whenever i dial a connection.

My DSL light and the Ethernet light is on and stable (Not Blinking), I can access the DSL Router. i.e - 192.168.1.1, the settings are perfect which i have been using since 6 months.

I have uninstalled/installed my Network Drivers, I have tried disabling/enabling firewall settings, I have also restarted the router with that small button, restored the backup settings, I had ultimately formatted the computer too.

There is no virus in my computer which is protected with kaspersky.

Here is a screen shot of how the settings look like.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6207/bsnlroutersettingszz8.jpg

Suggestions from BSNL guys..

1) (Help Desk) Take down the complaint number and call the technician.

2) (Technician) Call the telephone exchange and tell them to change your port.

3) (Exchange) Call the other department.

4) (Other Department) I will give you a call in 3-4 hours after i check.. give me your user ID and password.

5) (Other Department rings me) Call the complaints department.

6) (Complaints Department) Ring Ring Ring!!!

7) (The guy who brought the router home 6 months ago) Sir, i will come in 1 hour.
I called him again, Sir I am coming in 30 min, I had some work at home.
Called him again, Sir I am coming, still at home, will directly come to your house.
Called him again, no answer. Called again 2nd time, was just ringing. Called the third time.. no joy 🙁
Called the next day, Sir I had come but there was some birthday party at your place, hence i went home again. I will come today in the evening.

Conclusion - These guys just give false hopes, secondly what the hell? There was no party at my place! Ridiculous excuse that I've ever heard of! 😡

Please help me on this matter, your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

BSNL Customer Care is bunch of useless people!

the settings are perfect
@smasher007
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
You get CC H24 here !!
You can also PM any contributer in this thread, if
option allowed. but will have to wait !!!

1. http://i19.tinypic.com/6kqygzt.jpg

keep only GDMT T413 Glite and Bitswap enabled.
give feedback, whether connection is stable.

2.Hope you have connected all your phones ,
after the ADSL splitter.

Reference :https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/39961-cannot-connect-broadband-through-wan-miniport/

3. Try "Always On" mode.
In WAN page deselect "Bridged" and select PPP/PPPoE
enter userID without @ bsnl.in or @ dataone.in
Select "Always On" etc.

If Ok, check on "Bridged" mode "Dialer Wanminiport again

4.Post IPconfig/all
Start RUN type cmd type ipconfig/all

5.Please ignore any suggestion already tried.
For a forum thread , i have to repeat some,
for benefit of others ( including me !)who may access
this thread at a later date.

Thank you for your suggestions and definitely your time towards this topic.:thumb: +1 RepI have tried "Always On" mode, but with @bsnl.inI am posting this from a cafe and i will try few of them tonight which I didn't try earlier.Some BSNL guy at help desk informed me that most of the people in Maharashtra and Goa are facing the same issue. (I can't trust them 😕)I will post ipconfig/all results tomorrow.Cheers..

I have tried all options 1-5Here are my ipconfig/all resultsWindows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : intel Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : NoEthernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-11-11-65-54-58 Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.25 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220I have tried enabling IP Routing & WINS Proxy, it didn't change a thing.BSNL guys are themselves helpless, they are are not able to test my connection because they are facing a problem with their computer RAM. I am hearing the same excuse from them since 3 days. I am going to their office with a pair of RAM sticks today. Hope they are using DDR1 RAM and not SDRAM 🙁My connection stopped working since the 1st Jan.If they are not able to resolve this problem, is there any use escalating this to the consumer complaints forum? Would that change a thing? I have a recorded call in which the BSNL lady admits that they are facing problems with their computer RAM since 3 days which is why she cant run the tests. Is that call of any use? Will the company's proof of incompetence backfire on me?And dude don't install XP SP3 over XP SP2, it will slow down you entire system, use an integrated version of an XP SP3 copy. Check you PM.

mention your modem model make. Access the diagnostics page and report fail entries or You can get a screen shot of the page,and copy to a memory stick . From Cyber Cafe,post in this forum.

Thank you for your response again.😀As in the above screenshot, Modem Model is UT300R2U.There are no fail entries, it was the first thing i tried. I have tested all options there.I have also tried connecting via USB but i have faced the same error. 😢

TRY "always On" mode. Uncheck " bridged" in WAN page. select PPP/PPPoE.Select only GDMT/T413/Glite and Bitswap enabled in access control page.If there were No fail entries in Diagnostic page, what are the two Ips shown ?

@ smasher007 - Your modem is not working for whatever reason, for the past 2 weeks the whole India having the same problem, In some cities it is working fine, especially in the night it is not working. Whoever is in 500 Home Plan they are also having the same problem as you said.

I am from Chennai and I am under 512KBps plan my problem is during night after 12 pm I am having this problem. Not all the sites are slow but the TTL is very high in the night.

BSNL CC is not picking up the call hope they know they can't answer at this time. If this problem continues soon they will loose all the customers, on the other hand Airtel started entering in the rural areas. Obviously Airtel CC is always better than everything.

Tomorrow I will BSNL staff and ask him what is he going to do. If they don't give me any solution I may have to switch to Airtel. If you take Airtel 512KBPs plan you will get 70-80 Kb/s that is more than enough.

Will keep you posted

Hey guys it is working again finally:dance:I went to the BSNL office today, the lady advised to come back later as my complaint was in que.I made her hear her own voice (recorded call) she was petrified.😱She then told me to sit, she tested the connection on her own pc and she got the same error 678.She called some other office and changed my port and she attempted to reconnect again..... Boom! No more errors! It started working. :yahoo🙁30 mins in the BSNL office is all what it took)She asked me to delete that clip. :ashamed:Conclusion - Threaten BSNL with their own actions and mistakes. :evil:

She asked me to delete that clip. :ashamed:

Conclusion - Threaten BSNL with their own actions and mistakes. :evil:

LOL that's the way things should be!

hahahahhha that wass gr88 man.......awsome may be tomoro i also have to do that!!!!!!

Do post your result... :irock:

hello everyone i m new member of this forum. i m also getting the same problem.and the problem is still there.info-i have bsnl home 500 NU plan with utstarcom 300R2U modem.windows xp sp3.city-ratnagiri,Maharashtra.the same and quite famous error 678 is showing on my PC from second week of july.dsl light was steady also.i tried all known methods.also tried making a new connection from the CD which bsnl gives to us,but all failed.so at last i called the bsnl and their worker came and checked it.he made some calls to his office and after about one hour atlast the connection got started,but sadly i had to connect it via usb only.its still not working on LAN.and that usb is not much good strong.connectivity always goes and comes.connection is much brittle. if i tried to download a file using IDM from link-removed,connection gives me guaranty to fail in the middle.can anyone tell me how can i connect again using LAN cable instead of usb.my one friend said that i should use a LAN card,but since i am a pure noob,can anyone tell me what is the LAN card?whether using it will improve the stability of my connection?may many thanks in advance 😕