BSNL Broadband does not work in sunshine, breeze, rain, wind, thunder. An Open Letter to BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaman2011
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 4,701

Zaman2011

Regular
ISP
BSNL
To: BSNL Broadband Management
CC: Narendra Modi, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Digital India Campaign

Dear BSNL Broadband Management,

Your BSNL Broadband has been getting from bad to worse to terrible with every passing year. I am currently on the 2091 plan and also planing to upgrade to 2841 plan in the hope that your staff would take more care and I would get stable DSL and broadband connection with plan upgrades. In fact, I started with a 1350 plan when I took the broadband connection 7-8 years ago and have never given any second thoughts of upgrading my plan if there are good plans as per my requirements. But the quality of BSNL broadband connection has deteriorated year after year and right now, it is becoming virtually unusable. I do not have a lot of expectations right now as I have come to terms over the years that BSNL is a "sarkari company" and so, I cannot expect much. But PLEASE give me a goddamn stable DSL connection at least.

When I first took the broadband connection 7-8 years ago, the DSL used to disconnect intermittently when there was storm and thunder. I asked the BSNL guys and they said that broadband and DSL problems is common during storm and thunderstorm. So, I said that it is alright. I can bear that as thunderstorms comes only 10-20 days a year at the most here in Guwahati.

Then in a year or two, the broadband and DSL started to disconnect even when there was heavy rain. This was in addition to the first case. They said that it is now common in BSNL and that I could expect BSNL DSL problems in heavy rain. I live in Guwahati where there is rain for nearly 3-4 months a year. But I still said it is acceptable. There is heavy rain for a few hours for say 45-60 days a year. So, I can live with it.

In the next year or two, the BSNL broadband and DSL started to disconnect even when there was light rain or wind (average wind but faster than breeze) too. I asked BSNL and they said that it is now common in BSNL for their BSNL DSL to go off intermittently during rain or wind. That was becoming a serious problem as there is either rain or average wind for nearly 4-5 months here in Assam. I was starting to get seriously irritated by then.

And now, since the last year and more so this year. BSNL broadband DSL keeps on going nearly continuously even when there is sunshine, cold winter or mild breeze. Now, come on. WTF do I do? There is terrible line noise too in my BSNL line all throughout the day and all times of the month/year. When I ask them about the problem, they say that these disconnectivity problems and the consistent line noise can now be expected in BSNL. They say they have connected their lines to electricity lines and so, the line noise has become a constant feature and I need not worry about that. Come on man. This takes the cake. How the fck am I going to do anything if the BSNL broadband connection does not even work during sunshine or mild breeze? All the above weather conditions combined comprises for nearly 90% of the climate of Guwahati or probably most other places for that matter. The DSL keeps on blinking continuously throughout the daytime more so from morning 9 o clock to evening 7 o clock. Only at late night and early morning it seemed to be stable for the past few days. So, I woke up at 4 in the morning today hoping the DSL would be stable at least at that time. But the fcking DSL is not stable even at that time of the day. I looked outside and I could notice that there was a light morning breeze as leaves of trees were moving a bit.

How do I fcking calculate the mahurat of when BSNL broadband and DSL would be stable and I can do some work? I am seriously at the end of my wits now. With such a terrible unstable connection, I just cannot do any work and there is no reliable alternative too here in Guwahati.

I really hope Narendra Modi and Ravi Shankar Prasad is at least listening and does not treat the people of Guwahati and NE as step children. Though it does not matter much but I had also voted for your party hoping something good would take place. But for BSNL customers, Digital India is just meaning worsening of their broadband connection year after year. At least, get the lines fixed if you really want all of India to go digital.

Nowadays, even the lineman closes the dockets in my complaints (although I have to provide them the complimentary "gift money" [which they also demand at times saying Rs.100-200 is not enough for a line fixing] every time they fix the lines.) When I took the lines, I had to call the lineman for the line problems probably every couple of months. Gradually, it became every month or so and now, I have to put complaints nearly every week and or at times within days. Now, they have just given up and say that they cannot fix these terrible lines anymore.

A couple of weeks ago, I gave a complaint through the BSNL online grievance link on advise of a forum member and that was perhaps the only time somebody actually cared to call me up multiple times to check if the line was fixed. I received nearly 5-10 calls in a week or so after I gave the grievance cell complain. My phone line was still terrible with heavy noise during that period but surprisingly my internet was stable even during rain or wind etc. for the first time in many many years. They kept on calling me everyday and I said there was line noise still but the DSL is stable and far better than normal. One day out of excitement on seeing the DSL being stable for nearly a week even during daytime, I told them honestly that I am really happy with their work as my DSL is stable for such a long period after ages and the lines are hundred times better even though there is line noise. Instantly they asked me that can they take an OK for the complaint resolution. I said that - yes, if the line/DSL remains stable and the speeds are as promised I am not worried about line noise or other stuff too much. But perhaps truth and honesty does not apply in the real world. In the next fcking 5-6 hours, my DSL lights started to blink and go out for the first time in a week or so. And then in the next few days, the broadband and DSL became terrible and back to square one and the DSL was hardly stable during the daytime.

I am seriously not sure how the fcking hell they got the DSL lights to be stable during that grievance complaint period. Is there some way to force the broadband signals through the lines from their office even in a bad connection? The lines are terrible again now and so, I have given another complaint at the online BSNL grievance website now and hope that at least somebody listens to my problems. I am afraid of giving a yes or OK report this time though. I am an honest person and I am just not sure how to deal with those BSNL guys this time if the line becomes temporarily stable this time.

I am really pissed off nowadays and have a serious headache now due to lack of sleep as I just keep on waking up from sleep just to know when the lines and DSL lights would be stable. I cannot even go out of the house as I am not sure when the lines would be stable and if I miss the DSL stable period when I go out of the house. I have been using 3G lately but even that is not that reliable and the signals drop a lot there too. If only I had a good alternative to BSNL here in Guwahati, I would have given it a try immediately. But there is virtually no competition to BSNL in Guwahati as it is the only decent ISP here. I am still a very loyal customer and in fact, I am planning to the next higher plan i.e. 2841 too soon. But I just need a stable BSNL broadband connection. Is that too much to ask for?

Kind Regards,
An Extremely Aggrieved BSNL Broadband Customer