BSNL Broadband: Dlink Glb-502t Help Page

• Thread starter Thread starter harman163
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 66,497
^ Ujjal , pls give us details of the heat sink .material , size , shape and how to add it ...

hi harmani m having glb-502ti m having exactly same problem you had.my modem is not working even in bridge mode.line busy message comes.can you please help me.thanks

^ qawa , pls give the exact error message .
including error number (if any) ...

hiactually i just bought a new glb-502t adsl router modem. and installed it via usb cable on win xp(sp2).then i configured modem via its console as bridge with vci value 35. and saved restarted. after that i made a new dialer connection for broadband but got message phone line is busy.🙁assist me plz

^ GLB-502T has in-built splitter - right ?pls check setup of the cables . are theyconnected according to the user's manual ...

QUOTE(qawa @ Oct 20 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]66079[/snapback]
hi
actually i just bought a new glb-502t adsl router modem. and installed it via usb cable on win xp(sp2).
then i configured modem via its console as bridge with vci value 35. and saved restarted. after that i made a new dialer connection for broadband but got message phone line is busy.
🙁
assist me plz [/b]
Use PPPoE mode instead of Bridge .Or just buy a Lan Card as USB cable gives a lot of problems.

QUOTE(qawa @ Oct 20 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]66079[/snapback]
hi
actually i just bought a new glb-502t adsl router modem. and installed it via usb cable on win xp(sp2).
then i configured modem via its console as bridge with vci value 35. and saved restarted. after that i made a new dialer connection for broadband but got message phone line is busy.
🙁
assist me plz
[/b]

There are two issues with GLB 502T.

(i) PPPoE mode does not work. After installation of the patch, it works fine.

(ii) Bridge mode using USB connection. Yes, it has some issue with the USB also. In the bridge mode, USB is not stable at all. You keep getting 676 or 691 errors. To have the connection working in the bridge mode on USB, as soon as you get the error, just change the usb port and try to connect. It will work good. Again when you disconnect and try to connect, you may get the same error. Same trick again. Some times it becomes stable surprisingly. I am yet to understand this peculiar behaviour. On LAN card the bridge mode perfectly works.

I will appreciate, if someone could explain the exact reason. I have a feeling that the drivers are not proper.

Regards

QUOTE(friend @ Oct 20 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]66100[/snapback]
There are two issues with GLB 502T.

(i) PPPoE mode does not work. After installation of the patch, it works fine.

(ii) Bridge mode using USB connection. Yes, it has some issue with the USB also. In the bridge mode, USB is not stable at all. You keep getting 676 or 691 errors. To have the connection working in the bridge mode on USB, as soon as you get the error, just change the usb port and try to connect. It will work good. Again when you disconnect and try to connect, you may get the same error. Same trick again. Some times it becomes stable surprisingly. I am yet to understand this peculiar behaviour. On LAN card the bridge mode perfectly works.

I will appreciate, if someone could explain the exact reason. I have a feeling that the drivers are not proper.

Regards
[/b]

Feeling geeky 🙂
Try USBSNOOP [ http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbsnoop/ ] to see what actually going on between USB driver and related hardware, and which part is buggy, DRIVER or hardware itself.

Best of luck

thanks all for your promt reply.i resolved the issue this modem is not going to work with USB u need lan card.have not tried PPPoE i called D-Link help line they say u need patch firmware.can anyone tell me that is it just the above described way of 0 mac or really it is any latest firmware.

QUOTE(qawa @ Oct 20 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]66127[/snapback]
thanks all for your promt reply.
i resolved the issue this modem is not going to work with USB u need lan card.
have not tried PPPoE i called D-Link help line they say u need patch firmware.
can anyone tell me that is it just the above described way of 0 mac or really it is any latest firmware. [/b]
Its a patch for making the PPPoE work.

QUOTE(new guy @ Oct 10 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]64767[/snapback]

i have now both the address patched, and also have put a check on "ASSIGN ISPDNS,SNTP" . BUT was not able to find "DMZ" option & what should i do with DHCP SERVER.

PLEASE GUIDE ME [/b]
I am having speed problems with "ASSIGN ISPDNS,SNTP" turned on.Maybe this option is for those who are using DHCP.

Hi seshu,

There is nothing specific on the heat sink. Its a heavy Aluminium sheet just like the ones used with CPU cooling fans or u can find one in a electronic repair shop. They use these heat sinks on ICs and Transistors. Just try to find one that will fit inside the GLB502T without disturbing the other components in it. If possible also ask for the paste that is applied in between the heat sink and the IC.

Note:
Don't replace the cover of the modem. Allow enough air circulation and ventilation (but be careful of dust).

Since the heat sink you would have may not have any clamps to fasten it, if possible, tie it to the device properly. First this would not allow it to fall off from it's position and keep it seated on the IC properly and secondly, it would give the heat sink some weight and help in proper contact with the IC. You can refer to the image to view what I have done.

http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00517hk5.jpg

Regards
Ujjal

QUOTE(seshu @ Oct 19 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]65986[/snapback]
^ Ujjal , pls give us details of the heat sink .
material , size , shape and how to add it ...
[/b]

Yes, thats true but I took my chances and I didn't have much of a choice. They wouldn't take back the device and sending it back to the repair centre was a waste of time. I felt it wise to take the risk & am lucky to have the problem fixed.

QUOTE(MasterMind @ Oct 23 2006, 11:04 PM) [snapback]66370[/snapback]
Ujjal, one small & friendly note: You are voiding the warranty terms.
[/b]

Oh dear.. How I wish people (including me) would have visited this forum before going in for 502t. Here is sincere advice for all who have got it already ... If possible please please please change it with some other make. This model has something wrong with it. I have suffered for about a month and even a visit to D-Links service center could do nothing. You will save a lot of effort, money, mental trauma by switching over to something more reliable. For those, whose routers are working - they are just LUCKY. I dont have anything against D-Link but they need to do something about this particular model-(is someone from D-Link listening???) Till then do what I did.. Go and CHANGE it - the way I did and have piece of mind.For those who have yet not purchased - Do I need to tell anything more??