• Thread starter Thread starter harman163
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 66,495

harman163

ISP
TPG
Hi Guyz,
I bought a GLB-502T for DataOne broadband.But i cant configure the PVC0-7,as the PVC box changes to the no entered in the VCI box. The D-Link guides are available for DSL-502T and the CP UI of GLB is different frm DSL.So can anyone post a step by step guide for GLB-502T.

:EDIT:
Use Mac Address Patch if ur having problems with Always-On (Router PPPoE) connection using DLink GLB-502T.
DOWNLOAD

QUOTE(harman163 @ Sep 10 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]61770[/snapback]
Hi Guyz,
I bought a GLB-502T for DataOne broadband.But i cant configure the PVC0-7,as the PVC box changes to the no entered in the VCI box. The D-Link guides are available for DSL-502T and the CP UI of GLB is different frm DSL.So can anyone post a step by step guide for GLB-502T.
[/b]

First reset all your previous settings and reboot the modem. Second just go to modem, new connection, select TYPE as bridge and opposite to it, a blank space is there, write either BSNL OR DATAONE, select LAN Lan group1, and just set VCI=35 and apply, then go to tools, click system commands, and select save all, press it and wait for the modem to reboot. thats all for the modem to be set.

Further you need not do anything in the modem settings. all you have to do is to either download a pppoe dialer or enternet dialer avaliable on the net in bsnl sites and set your username and passwords if you are using windows 98 or 2000. hoever if you are using windows xp, you have to select a new network connection and select ppp, dsl one and thats all.

Still if you find any difficulties, you can call Dlink all india direct call number 1800 222 002 and take their help. Still if you can not do it, i will post you the screen shots for doing it or someone reading this may also do it.

guyz i did exactly the same but i am not able to connect to internet.i am getting err "Phone line busy" and secondly when i try to create a bridged conn and press apply it shows a msg that dhcp is found to be running & advi ces me to turn it off .frm where can i turn it off.Can anyone post the screenshots and config in detail.

i think its because ure creating a dialup connection.. thats why it shows ur fone line as busy.. if ure using xp when u create a new connection, select the option that says something like dialup connection that requires u to enter ur username and password or similiar 😀

I got it working now.but the connection stops responding while the ADSL and USB lights are still glowing on modem.This happens when i use Bittorrent with too many peers and seeds,is it bcoz of USB drivers are not able 2 handle 2 many connections and how much would a PCI lan card cost.

Even I got GLB 502T. After a lot of haggling, it got connected for about 10 hrs in PPPoE mode. That was a week ago. a little bit more of haggling, and this time it could only get connected in Bridge mode. But now, it gets disconnected in precisely 2:30 mins. the DSL line starts blinking. it would get it back in about 3 mins. anyone with any remedy... please..

I took it to D-Link repair center. They gave it back the next day. but the problem exists, just as earlier. can anyone tell me what is latest firmware version?? This is what I have in product info presently 😛roduct Information Model Number GLB-502T HW Revision P1R4 USB PID 0x6060 USB VID 0x0451 Ethernet MAC 00:17:7C:00:20:92 DSL MAC 00:00:10:00:20:49 USB MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:EC USB Host MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:E1 Software Versions Gateway 3.7.0B Software Version 3.7.0B.0 ATM Driver 5.00.07.01 DSL HAL 5.00.05.00 DSL Datapump 6.01.04.00 Annex A SAR HAL 01.07.2b PDSP Firmware 0.52 Boot Loader 1.2.1.5

QUOTE(cpyder @ Sep 19 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]62710[/snapback]
I took it to D-Link repair center. They gave it back the next day. but the problem exists, just as earlier. can anyone tell me what is latest firmware version?? This is what I have in product info presently :-

Product Information
Model Number GLB-502T
HW Revision P1R4
USB PID 0x6060
USB VID 0x0451
Ethernet MAC 00:17:7C:00:20:92
DSL MAC 00:00:10:00:20:49
USB MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:EC
USB Host MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:E1

Software Versions
Gateway 3.7.0B
Software Version 3.7.0B.0
ATM Driver 5.00.07.01
DSL HAL 5.00.05.00
DSL Datapump 6.01.04.00 Annex A
SAR HAL 01.07.2b
PDSP Firmware 0.52
Boot Loader 1.2.1.5
[/b]

D-Link Tech Support guyz told me that the modem need to be patched and i hv to return the modem to service center.

hi guys..please help me in this:i some how configured the D-Link GLB 502-t modem in my laptop and it is working fine. Now when i try it in my PC it is giving error.I did the bridge configuration in the modem and when i created a new connection with broadband option, it should create a broadband connection with device name: WAN Miniport (PPTP).But it unfortunately creates a dialup connection with "unavailable - device missing". I tried googling but in vein. If anybody solved this problem please reply..thanks

^ you are working with which OS and how is modem connected to PC (LAN / USB) ...if it is thru LAN , is the LAN working properly ?if it is thru USB , reinstall the USB drivers ...

For configuring the D-Link GLB 502T modem use the following :
in the Internet Explorer address bar type : http://192.168.1.1/

then when it opens then type : username : admin
password : admin

Press Enter
Now click on new connection,

now in the blank space against New_Name : type DATAONE orwhatever you want to
against Type Select Bridge
Encapsulation select LLC (it is automatically selected by default
Select LAN : Langroup1

Now leave everything except VCI as it is and select VCI as 35
now press apply
now go to TOOLS
select system commands
select Save All, press or enter and logout. thats all, now you are ready to surf under lan card in BSNL Broadband. no more confusion or extra workouts please.

Once you are thru with this, then you can do any R&D on other settings and revert back to above settings when you are done with.

I hope this should work for all practial purposes. I am doing the same thing for many people here everyday. As the settings are commong for bsnl all over india, this should sure work everywhere.
please do not confuse yourself with tampering the unit or consulting the service station.

QUOTE(harman163 @ Sep 10 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]61770[/snapback]
Hi Guyz,
[/b]

Just goto this link and eenjoy...
http://www.broadbandforum.co/index.php?sho...t+configuration