BSNL Broadband: Dlink Glb-502t Help Page

• Thread starter Thread starter harman163
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 66,500
QUOTE(seshu @ Jan 4 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]73246[/snapback]
^ the reversing should also be possible ...[/b]

do you know what commands are to be used or what changes should i make in the mac.bat???

Hi,Before i explain my issue, I would like responders to know that i have tried reading all i possibly could in this thread, so if you think i missed something silly, let me know , just dont "hussh" me .Ok, here we go...I bought the adsl 2+ router = GLB 502T. Here are the details for software version :-Software Versions Gateway 3.7.0B Software Version 3.7.0B.0 ATM Driver 5.00.07.01 DSL HAL 5.00.05.00 DSL Datapump 6.01.04.00 Annex A SAR HAL 01.07.2b PDSP Firmware 0.52 Boot Loader 1.2.1.5 Now the problem :- Route wont connect to DSl in PPPoE mode.a) Router in BRIDGE mode >> Works fine, just great !B) Router in PPPoE mode >> Doesnt work at all. Things I tried so far :--- Though the DSL MAC is already set to NA, i still tried the "patch" as suggested with attached "mac.txt", output is captured in "output.txt". Doesnt look like it changed the 0 to 1 in Ether MAC. Here is current value :-MAC.TXT :-192.168.1.1 23WAIT "BusyBox on localhost login:"SEND "root\m"WAIT "Password"SEND "admin\m"WAIT "#"SEND "cd /proc/ticfg\m"WAIT "#"SEND "echo HWA_3 00:17:7C:01:71:BA > env\m"WAIT "#"SEND "echo macc > env\m"WAIT "#"SEND "exit\m"wait "#"OutPut.txt :-BusyBox on localhost login: rootrootPassword: adminBusyBox v0.61.pre (2006.04.13-17:53+0000) Built-in shell (ash)Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.# cd /proc/ticfgcd /proc/ticfg# echo HWA_3 00:17:7C:01:71:BA > envecho HWA_3 00:17:7C:01:71:BA > env# echo macc > envecho macc > env# exitexitProduct Information Model Number GLB-502T HW Revision P1R4 USB PID 0x6060 USB VID 0x0451 Ethernet MAC 00:17:7C:00:71:BA DSL MAC N/A USB MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:EC USB Host MAC 00:E0:A6:66:41:E1 Any ideas, anything I missed to do 🙂) , let me know guys .....

QUOTE(-Jj- @ Jan 29 2007, 11:46 PM) [snapback]77541[/snapback]
I got it working, no patch nothing, tc[/b]
Could you please tell us how did you get it working???

QUOTE(daddykazaa @ Jan 30 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]77612[/snapback]
Could you please tell us how did you get it working???[/b]

Mr Kazaa,

The requirement is to have your router running on "Bridge" mode. If you are running fine on bridge mode, you will see under "wan setup" that router has taken the VCI/VPI settings by itself and they are all greyed out. Let me know if you are at this stage.

--Jj--

For all those of the view that "no other modem in this price range" i have this to say:-
Option a - You purchase 24x7 hours of tension and troubleshooting for Rs 1500/- to 1900/-
Option b - You purchase 24x7 hours of trouble free broadband surfing for Rs 2500/+

Your pick!

PS: D-Link, please do something about this model. I still have people around me who are crying HELP on top of their voices..

For prices: please contribute to the discussion here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys... I was not able to download PATCH files from link-removed. It says file deleted. Could someone please reupload it and post the link here?Many Thanks !!!

@pirates.boom
Welcome to Broadband Forum.
Presume you have read all the 112 messages in this thread, and then posted your problem.!
Start with Page 1 ! read Post no 23.
Or go to D-Link site and download the manuals etc. A recent post is given below ( for usb etc ) .

Dlink Settings for Broadband Link for Screen shots of similar unit given by Mr Seshu. Please.see Thread D-Link 502T advise listed at the bottom of this page.

@Kalps06 - sorry this reply does not apply to you. Please wait

Quote Me having TCP/IP Optimiser and Netgear WGR614 Wireless Router, so I can;t afford to buy a new Wifi Modem again now Unquote
Presume you want the information for your friend. Or you have purchased the GLB502T now ?

Hi Essbebe...thanks for replying. Actually the links you've provided just contain screenshots for configuring the modem, however, in my case I have already configured the connection correctly and it is working. The problem I am facing is of frequent disconnection. This issue as per my understanding (along with other forum members) is due to faulty software/firmware from D-Link. Now, this software needs upgradation as mention on the page 3 of this post
This was the process posted by Harman. I tried to follow this process but could not start it because the PATCH mentioned in the post was unavailable for download. If you (or others) already have that patch file, please upload it somewhere and post the link.

In the mean while, please suggest if there is an alternative solution to this problem.

Thanks!

@seshu : Thanks. downloaded the file ok. for future posting if needed. Let us wait for further development/s I have tried/ UTSTAR, Netgear modem. Netgear wireless router, Now using , SMC wireless router+ Smart Ax Mt 882, or Beetel 220Bx , without any problem.

Some mod please sticky/pin this.Its a very important topic because all those people who buy their own router 99% of the time they recieve this router.