BSNL Broadband: Dlink Glb-502t Help Page

• Thread starter Thread starter harman163
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 66,482
@cpyderThers no other choice in this price range.My GLB-502T is working fine,the only problem was PPPoE and that has been solved.Models from Linksys and Netgear nearly same as D-Link but are more costly

wat is wrong with D-Link? why are they launching sub-standard equipment in India?First it was the DSL 502T that was lauched with MTNL triband with a screwed up firmware, the modem would go dead if one tinkered with the settings..it took dlink months to provide a firmware upgrade. Even now the DSL 502T has a flaw which makes it unsuitable for Indian operations and now this crap GLB 502T..dlink is really hell bent on destroying its brand image..

I think I am lucky I dont have any problems with GLB DSL 502T. Infact I found it very easy to configure after upgrading from DSL 502T. 🙂

Oops dear friends urgent help needed. As you all know I got my GLB-502T working well without any disconnections, it has now stopped connecting totally. Actually I was out of station for 20 days & when I came back and tried to connect it, the ADSL light glows continously and then the PPPOE light doesn't glow at all means that it is not connecting at all. I tried connecting with a DSL-502T borrowed from a frnd of mine, it got connected in a flash, then I again tried it with GLB one it didn't connect I tried every possible way to connect but it didn't connect. I even tried to connect with another GLB one but even it didn't connect. I am totally confused where I am doing wrong? 🙁 I forgot to mention that when I checked the router logs there were two lines that looked like error to me:1) ppp_name not intact2) pppoe not in the state to handle currstate 3, or something like that.

QUOTE(daddykazaa @ Nov 5 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]67801[/snapback]
Oops dear friends urgent help needed. As you all know I got my GLB-502T working well without any disconnections, it has now stopped connecting totally. Actually I was out of station for 20 days & when I came back and tried to connect it, the ADSL light glows continously and then the PPPOE light doesn't glow at all means that it is not connecting at all. I tried connecting with a DSL-502T borrowed from a frnd of mine, it got connected in a flash, then I again tried it with GLB one it didn't connect I tried every possible way to connect but it didn't connect. I even tried to connect with another GLB one but even it didn't connect. I am totally confused where I am doing wrong? 🙁

I forgot to mention that when I checked the router logs there were two lines that looked like error to me:

1) ppp_name not intact

2) pppoe not in the state to handle currstate 3, or something like that. [/b]
Your username or password is wrong.Got this error when i entered wrong password.

I am 500% sure that i m entering my user/pass correctly.

Hard reset your modem and create new connection with same settings as you had before click apply and try again. It happened to me today ADSL light was on and PPP light turned off and I restarted the modem and it worked. You can try reset and then configure, I think it will work

QUOTE(OddHacker @ Nov 5 2006, 11:38 PM) [snapback]67857[/snapback]
Hard reset your modem and create new connection with same settings as you had before click apply and try again. It happened to me today ADSL light was on and PPP light turned off and I restarted the modem and it worked.
You can try reset and then configure, I think it will work
[/b]

I already did this 6-7 times.
And I got my password reset by the exchange too but still no luck.

QUOTE(harman163 @ Oct 25 2006, 02:44 PM) [snapback]66586[/snapback]
@cpyder
Thers no other choice in this price range. [/b]

There is one available now called ProNet. Price range is almost same. Configuration is damn easy as compared to D-Link. The only problem is... there is no USB connectivity option. You have to have LAN card in your system. 😉

I also tried to contact D-Link regarding this problem and this is what I got:

Sir,

As suggetsd that you are not able to connect to the internet. WE would suggest you to reset the router and then reconfigure it.

The following reset procedure will completely restore the default settings on the router including your password.

Step 1: Locate the Factory Reset pinhole marked 'F' on the back of the unit.

Step 2: With the router powered on, press and hold the Reset button.

Step 3: Hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds.

Step 4: Release the Reset button.

Step 5: The device is now at factory defaults.

Reconfigure :
------------------

You can configure this GLB-502T for BSNL broadband by doing the following steps:-

Step 1 : Log into the web configuration of the router by typing the IP address http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. A prompt for user name and password should appear. Type 'admin' as username and password both and click on login.

Step 2 : Click on setup and then New Connection tab. Configure the modem as per the values given below:

1. Give any name is the 'Name' option.

2. Select Type as PPPoE.

3. username = Which your ISP has provided you.
password = Which your ISP has provided you.

4. VPI = 0
VCI = 35

Rest all would be default settings. Click on Apply and OK.

Step 3 : To save settings properly on the router, click on 'Tools' and 'System Commands' and then click on 'Save All'. Once settings are saved we need to reboot router so click on 'Restart' tab just below to 'Save All' tab and let the router reboot.

Step 4 : Now check for the connection status in Status > Connection Status. It should show connected with a valid WAN IP address something like 59.x.x.x.

If the PPPoE light on router is on, it means router is connected to internet.

Close the web configuration and try opening any website in your computer.

After this if the problem persists, we would need to upgrade/reflash the firmware. That would be done at the nearest RMA centre.

Please give us the details about your location so that we can send you the location of the nearest RMA center around you.[/b]

Anyone got any better idea frnds?

I asked the D-Link support executive to provide me with the firmware files needed to patch the router but he refused saying I'll have to go to the nearest RMA centre which is 300 Kms away to get it patched, then why do they send firmware upgrades to other people?Latest update:Now they have denied of sending any files to anyone. I tried to connect my modem in bridge mode and it connected in a flash but the PPPOE light doesn't glow even if its connected. Looks like there is a problem in connecting the modem in PPPoe mode. Anyways I think I should get my modem patched by the RMA centre so that I can again use my modem in PPPOE mode.Update:I am getting error 691 ie; The username password is incorrect. I dunno whats happening I didn't change any settings and the modem has stopped connecting in bridge mode too. Does anyone think its from the server side or my side?Update:The mistake was from the exchange side which has been rectified now. Anyway I am in Jaipur right now and I went today to dlink RMA centre. The ppl there have said to have patched the modem and they claim that the modem is connecting in PPPOE mode now. They also told me that they do provide firmware files through e-mail and they asked my e-mail so that they can send one copy of the file to me. Well, I am leaving for my home tomorrow morning and I'll check it and keep you ppl informed. Hope it works this time.

QUOTE(daddykazaa @ Nov 7 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]67991[/snapback]
They also told me that they do provide firmware files through e-mail and they asked my e-mail so that they can send one copy of the file to me. Well, I am leaving for my home tomorrow morning and I'll check it and keep you ppl informed. Hope it works this time.[/b]

did you get the file through email, if yes, then can you send it to me?
collegeboys83@yahoo.com
thanks in advance

QUOTE(harman163 @ Sep 26 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]63353[/snapback]
This is a fix for D-Link GLB-502T PPPoE mode.

Please follow the following steps to update the settings of GLB-502T.Copy the folder to c🙁root drive)

1. Note the mac id of your router which comprises of 12 digits (combination of numbers and alphabets)
Pasted separately on the bottom of your device.
eg. mac if of your device is \"00:17:7C:00:1D:4F\"
2. Open mac.txt file and make changes as follows

SEND \"echo HWA_3 00:17:7C:01:1D:4F > env\m\"

3. Replace the 8th digit of the mac id 0 with 1
4. Save changes to the file mac.txt file
5. Run mac.bat file
6. Reboot your router. Updation is complete.

Batch File[/b]

is the reverse possible? i mean can i add back the removed mac address? is it possible???