• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 66,523
to Anthony : you are aware that community forums
exist to share knowledge & to help each other . Members
try to help at their Level best ...

Differences between Bridged mode & PPPoE had been
discussed on the forums here . pls use search feature

I have applied the patch and my PPPoE is up and working!!! I have been connected to the internet for about 30 minutes now and so far no problems.Thank you Nishant and everyone here who made this possible.rational

Dear friends I dunno if its the patch that worked for me or not, but my modem is online now for more than 5 hours. I wasn't sure but just to try it I placed my modem vertically now, as it was placed horizontaly before. I believe it was the heat generated inside the modem that caused the disconnections because now when its on for 5 hrs when I touched it, it was cooler than the previous position. I know it sounds funny but its a truth.

QUOTE(daddykazaa @ Oct 6 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]64296[/snapback]
Dear friends I dunno if its the patch that worked for me or not, but my modem is online now for more than 5 hours. I wasn't sure but just to try it I placed my modem vertically now, as it was placed horizontaly before. I believe it was the heat generated inside the modem that caused the disconnections because now when its on for 5 hrs when I touched it, it was cooler than the previous position. I know it sounds funny but its a truth. [/b]
I dont think its heat,my modem is lying horizontally even without the rubber supports provided with modem and it hasnt disconnect ever other then power fluctution and manually restarting.

I am stiil not sure about the heat problem buddy but so far this is the only solution to my problem & I have also seen somewhere that the D-Link modems do have heat problem. Maybe its the placement of the modem in your case that it may not be getting that hot lying horizontally. 🙄

QUOTE(daddykazaa @ Oct 6 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]64338[/snapback]
I am stiil not sure about the heat problem buddy but so far this is the only solution to my problem & I have also seen somewhere that the D-Link modems do have heat problem. Maybe its the placement of the modem in your case that it may not be getting that hot lying horizontally. 🙄 [/b]
My Modem gets warm not hot. 😀

Guys, I have noticed a drop in downloading speed after I applied the patch and switched over to PPPoE mode. However I am not sure the patch/PPPoE are responsible for the loss of the speed. Yesterday when I was trying to apply the patch, I was frequently getting disconnected and getting a "username/password invalid on the domain" error. I contacted BSNL DataOne helpline and was told that there was a problem in the server at their side which would be rectified soon. Did they "rectify" the speed too along with the error? What should I attribute my loss of speed to: patch/PPPoE or BSNL DataOne servicing the server?rational

^ I am sure that the speed drop is not due to the patch .
problem could be at the server side . or there can be other reason .

QUOTE(harman163 @ Sep 10 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]61770[/snapback]
Hi Guyz,
I bought a GLB-502T for DataOne broadband.But i cant configure the PVC0-7,as the PVC box changes to the no entered in the VCI box. The D-Link guides are available for DSL-502T and the CP UI of GLB is different frm DSL.So can anyone post a step by step guide for GLB-502T.
:EDIT:
Use Mac Address Patch if ur having problems with Always-On (Router PPPoE) connection using DLink GLB-502T.
DOWNLOAD
[/b]

i have sucessfully patched. but how to store the username and password in the modem???

PLEASE HELP

QUOTE(new guy @ Oct 7 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]64420[/snapback]

i have sucessfully patched. but how to store the username and password in the modem???

PLEASE HELP [/b]
Store ?
If u want to save Username and password then use Apply,System tools>Save All.

QUOTE(harman163 @ Oct 7 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]64439[/snapback]
Store ?
If u want to save Username and password then use Apply,System tools>Save All.
[/b]

i mean i tried the patch. now how to make the modem run in the pppoe mode , without using the dailer? and also now the settings button inside the modem is not properly shown, its like the images didnt load properly...

HELP

Empty your browser cach, restart the modem and try again m8, it happenes normally, nothing so serious about it.

Oh and for PPPOE configuration Please use the Search function.

QUOTE(new guy @ Oct 7 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]64440[/snapback]

i mean i tried the patch. now how to make the modem run in the pppoe mode , without using the dailer? and also now the settings button inside the modem is not properly shown, its like the images didnt load properly...

HELP [/b]
Here is the screenshot.
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pppoeur3.png

Enter the Username@dataone and Password,then Apply
Sytem Tools>Save All.Restart the router.

QUOTE(harman163 @ Oct 8 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]64487[/snapback]
Here is the screenshot.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9199/pppoeur3.th.png

Enter the Username@dataone and Password,then Apply
Sytem Tools>Save All.Restart the router.
[/b]

Harman and others,

Thanks for your support. Sorry for the delay in responding. Yesterday I have got my GLB502T back from the Service center in Chennai. As mentioned in the thread earlier they have removed the DSL Mac#. I saw the patch applied. But the problem continued as earlier. Worst part of the story is that guys working for D-Link chennai service center have no clue about the problem. If you approach them they will say we will send the piece to Goa and they will take care. Primarily to avoid us.

Finally I took the piece back to the chennai dealer Texonic and asked for money to be refunded instead they gave me a DSL502T. It seems to be working.

Fortunately I happened to meet a person who worked for DLink support at chennai he said that GLB502T is full of problems it is better that we return the product and get a different brand or company.

How about taking this issue with Consumer Court and demand for with-drawal of the product.

^ if you are sure that GLB502T is problematic &if you can prove that then first write to D-Link H.O. ( thru registered post / courrier ) . If theydo not respond properly then you can approachthe consumer forum .