BSNL broadband disconnects frequently

• Thread starter Thread starter digbroad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 10,056
ISP
BSNL
Hello,

I got bsnl broadband and from the past one week the internet connections disconnects frequently and comes back after a modem restart. It does take some time to get connected though the dsl lights get stable fast.

Today the dsl link is very unstable. Could someone please give some advice as how to troubleshoot. I use a D-Link DSL-2750U modem.

I can post additional information if you could guide me where to look for those.

Thanks in advance.

check the attenuation rate.
and get your line checked by line man.

Thanks for the quick reply, Mr.Cool. I've attached a screenshot of attenuation values.
-- dead tinypic image removed --
I'll get it checked by the line man tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions on what the values should be ideally? so that I can confirm the values are close while the line man is here.

The attenuation rate is too high. Attenuation rate is the rate which shows the amount of disturbance in the line.
It should not exceed above 20.

Thanks again Mr.Cool. What does this (0.1 dB) next to attenuation and SNR margin imply? Just curious.

D-Link has its own different way of reporting the link stats. It reports them on the scale of 100s e.g. 234 & 635 as visible in your screenshots. The universal standard for these adsl value reports is 1 - 60/70 dB . So to arrive at that standard values you should consider your stats by multiplying them with 0.1 or simply divide by 10.

So your snr become 23.4 and attenuation become 63. Ideal value for stable connection are snr >30 while attenuation <30. Get your line checked and would be better to get the joint on the pole and the ones in home reworked. Might improve line stats aa a result.

Hello,

I got bsnl broadband and from the past one week the internet connections disconnects frequently and comes back after a modem restart. It does take some time to get connected though the dsl lights get stable fast.

Today the dsl link is very unstable. Could someone please give some advice as how to troubleshoot. I use a D-Link DSL-2750U modem.

I can post additional information if you could guide me where to look for those.

Thanks in advance.

This is not Bsnl problem its Your Dlinks Dsl 2750U modem Im also Using This modem with BSNL BB in few months problem in modem nd check service modem or replace Modem

D-Link has its own different way of reporting the link stats. It reports them on the scale of 100s e.g. 234 & 635 as visible in your screenshots. The universal standard for these adsl value reports is 1 - 60/70 dB . So to arrive at that standard values you should consider your stats by multiplying them with 0.1 or simply divide by 10.

So your snr become 23.4 and attenuation become 63. Ideal value for stable connection are snr >30 while attenuation :h:0. Get your line checked and would be better to get the joint on the pole and the ones in home reworked. Might improve line stats aa a result.

That explains it Rj27. Thanks

After a long wait the line man came home. He (along with me) inspected all the wire terminations and cleaned the oxidised contacts. After inspection he connected his test phone and said the dial tone is perfect. He doesn't have any line tester to check the line quality. I downloaded the same statistics from the modem page and showed him that there was no much of a difference. He has asked me to test the connectivity for a few days and then report if the problem persists. I'm attaching the new screenshot, connection is still acting whacky.

new_attn.png
new_attn.png

I would love to hear your inputs.

How much is the distance between your place and the exchange. Also you can ask them for a port from the exchange since wiring at your place has been checked already. A different port on the DSLAM device in your exchange might provide for a better link as currently it's not looking good for stability.

To minimize the disconnects for the time being keep the Router on G.Dmt mode instead of adsl_2plus

I guess you better talk to someone above the level of JTO at exchange. Only they will understand such things.

Hi All,

I am using BSNL Broad Band 4 MBPS plan and below are my details SNR and Line Authentication, I am facing frequent disconnection and the green light for ADSL goes of and on all the time..

SNR Value:::
Downstream - 34.1 db
Upstream - 25.8 db

Line Authentication:::
Downstream - 13.4 db
Upstream - 6.8 db

Data Rate::
Downstream - 4096 KBPS
Upstream - 509 KBPS

Out Power:::
Downstream - 17.4 dbm
Upstream - 7.2 dbm

SpeedTest.net

Speed :- Download 2.65 Mbps and Upload 0.24 Mbps

Please advise

This is my log,

2015-10-31 19:05:46 [5] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[AUTH] Para:[] Result:[9007] Not found session 3bd1b8fe, user login check failed

2015-10-31 19:05:48 [5] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[AUTH] Para:[] Result:[] User admin login success

2015-10-31 19:06:12 [5] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[PPPoE] Para:[] Result:[9001] Wan Link was Disconnected

2015-10-31 19:06:12 [6] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[NotiInform] Para:[type=2] Result:[0]

2015-10-31 19:07:32 [6] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[NotiInform] Para:[type=2] Result:[0]

2015-10-31 19:07:32 [5] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[PPPoE] Para: Result:[0] Wan Link was Connected

2015-10-31 19:09:11 [5] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[AUTH] Para:[] Result:[] User admin login success

2015-10-31 19:12:00 [5] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[AUTH] Para:[] Result:[] User admin login success

2015-10-31 19:20:31 [5] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[PPPoE] Para:[] Result:[9001] Wan Link was Disconnected

2015-10-31 19:20:31 [6] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[NotiInform] Para:[type=2] Result:[0]

2015-10-31 19:22:23 [6] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[NotiInform] Para:[type=2] Result:[0]

2015-10-31 19:22:23 [5] syslog: Accessor:[CPE] Method:[PPPoE] Para:[User= _scdrid ip=117.] Result:[0] Wan Link was Connected[/User]

This has become very common these days. That's why people are giving up their broadband connection.