BSNL Broadband: Different backbone NIB = Slower speeds?

• Thread starter Thread starter StandAlone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,856

StandAlone

ISP
BSNL
hi guysRecently when I had a disconnection issue, the guy at the local office made some changes to my connection. My IP which used to start frm 117.196.x.x changed to 117.206.x.x. And since then the net has been far slower than before.:frown:Any ideas?

Well, I changed it just now, nothing seems to work. 🙁

Even prior to changing to the above suggestion, although I get a IP address assigned, it wont open anything else than the BSNL site Home :frown:

I have tried it all, dialup connection is working without issues.

Modem is ZTE ZXDSL 831AII.

----------

Restarted modem and the stats - pppoe_0_35 117.206.x.xxx ADSLUp 00:01:03s

@StandAlone1) Post your SNR rates from the adsl modem stats page2) Do a speedtest and post the results here (This will be your browsing speed test)3) Test your download speed with a download manager and download in the morning when most slots are free. Like 9:00am and note down the download speed and post it here.Remember, browsing speeds and download speeds differ. Im not talking in theoretical terms. Take my case for example. Im on a 2mbps connection but my browser speed hardly goes beyond 300kbps but when i download files, i reach speeds of 1760-1900kbps. I'll have to tweak my MTU settings using some tcp/icp editor to solve my browsing speed issue but i don't want to. My bandwidth limit is 1.5gb/month. The slower the speed, the less are the chances of me crossing the limit.😉IF your download speeds are low even after you use a download manager then there's something wrong with your connection. It's either the SNR rates or the exchange. You said the speeds were fine before the IP change then i assume it's a problem with the exchange. Post the results first and we'll see what to do.

Thanks sachins for the detailed reply 🙂I called up the exchange and they confirmed its a issue with their servers, seems like they are in the process of migration.Net is back now but keeping crossed fingers.:S

Even I was having problem with my 500 Plan in Bangalore but the problem is Solved now 😀.I hope your connection is also restored.

Even I was having problem with my 500 Plan in Bangalore but the problem is Solved now 😀.I hope your connection is also restored.

Yes its restored now but disconnections and higher pings are an issue :frown: