BSNL BROADBAND DATAONE

• Thread starter Thread starter rinzyyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 159,821

rinzyyy

Hi.... With the dataone broadband connection i am supposed to get 1 email account...... The engineer who come to my place for installation .. Had no clue about it......... When i call the bsnl customer care no in pune i.e. 25459000...... The females recieving the call dont know anything....... But i assume that the login name and the password for the email account should be same as the login name and password for the internet access........ When i visit http://www.dataone.in/ and enter the login and pass... It says "invalid username and password"....... Can anybody help me with this......????

"But i assume that the login name and the password for the email account should be same as the login name and password for the internet access"correct but add @dataone.in at end of ur usernamei had no problems...unable to figure out ur problem????????? 🙁

The email address and service passwords are initially "xyz123".But one can change service password and email password. Both can be different. Also after setting up the service account, it might take 2-3 days for your email account to be operational.

hi buddies....
Firstly Sunando..... when u visit the http://www.dataone.in/ website, the dataone.in part of the username is already there...... i prefixed it with my username....... entered the pass...... but..... got the messg "Invalid username or pass"
I have also tried to enter password as "xyz123" as suggested by agnivo..... but that didnt help either......
any other suggestions????

Did u read my last sentence ?Also get in touch or call local broadband cell or BSNL technician in case u know his number.

Agnivo.... I did read ur last statement..... u said that it may take 2-3 days for the email account to be operational...... but dude..... its already been abt 20-25 days..... and i still cant figure out anything..... the BSNL helpdesk is first of all not reachable...... and then when i m able to connect to them.... they dont know anything.....

Originally posted by agnivo007@May 27 2005, 08:02 AM
The email address and service passwords are initially "xyz123".
But one can change service password and email password. Both can be different. Also after setting up the service account, it might take 2-3 days for your email account to be operational.
[snapback]10313[/snapback]
[/quote]

Are there two passwords???

I thought its just one...which means that when i logged in dataone.in it was using email password ( which was of course xyz123)....which again means that when i changed it inside email...it was email password which was changed...which means that i have NOT yet changed service password (but how can i if i never knew there were two passwords 🙁 )

so i should change now service password also??????????

agnivo ( my 911) plz say how to change service password ????????

" the BSNL helpdesk is first of all not reachable...... and then when i m able to connect to them.... they dont know anything....."

I think u should blindly and fully follow agnivo rather than on bsnl people....

"any other suggestions????"

very sorry but no suggestions for this part friend...

for new user (ips starting 117.*.*.*) only,
to access your email account, go to Login, use ur username (that u use to connect internet), if you are logging first time, use password which bsnl has given you and u connected internet with that first time. in my areas password is default password. after login, go to settings-->>general-->>change password, now change your password.

next time use your new password for accessing mail account....

new bsnl dataone user has three password now

1 for connecting internet
2 for portal http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ (data usage check)
3 for email account Login

I have 500 combo broadband plan. It gives 1.5 GB data download. 2.00 am to 8.00 am. is free. I have installed Net Meter Free version. It records the data tansmission. I exit it during free hours. When I compare the data usage of net meter and BSNL portal, there is a huge discrepancy. Net meter shows approximately double of the usage reflected in BSNL portal. My net meter reading is 1.22 GB. BSNL portal is about 600 mb. Can any one please explain. Rakesh Kumar

@/mindpowerlab/
There are so many net meters. please give details of the usage meter you are using.
Did you program it for both Upload and download ?
A screenshot of the meter with readings will be helpful.
for ref

update aug10th no longer available.

For Email account in Bangalore login : @dataone.inpassword : banxxx123You can try the password in the above format. First 3 characters are City name. Second 3 are your usename.

mindpowerlab..
take my case..i am using dumeter
in settings page i have an option to select network interface to monitor.
now if i use bridge mode then there will be two network interface
1. Network Card Interface (to which your modem is connected with your computer
2. A broadband dialup connection to which u connect to internet

now if i select "all interface option" to monitor my du meter shows speed just double the actual speed

i think this is your case, your software is logging both data transfers, between lan and between dialup, you actually downloaded only 600MB...(i think)