BSNL broadband connection keep on disconnecting...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sheez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,888

Sheez

ISP
BSNL
I have taken bsnl BB connection last week...I was told to purchase modem outside as it was out of stock in bsnl dept.....I had purchased SRV AR 100S ADSL2+ Router...Now my concern is the BB connection keeps disconnecting every time...the link goes down in every 10 mints...and it takes almost 5-10 minutes to get connected back....It has been almost 10 days since i get the connection but i couldn't use internet not even for 2 hrs...but my usage still shows high as it disconnects quite often after 70-90 % of download....I have contacted bsnl and they r saying issue wud be with the SRV router.... Can anyone plz suggest me if you have experienced this kind of issues with bsnl broadband connection or SRV AR 100S router.....Plz help me..its really frustrating when u lose connection in between an urgent chat or download......Thanks....

Please post your SNR and attenuation values. Get your line checked by the lineman.

Same happening with meI also get disconnect many times per day....and takes many time to reconnectI cant download for 10 days at night time due to THIS problemI m just waiting for COD 6 Which has been listed just after 2 days of releasing...And I havent downlaod anything....Also I get just 30-50 KB/s Which is the seventh part of regular downlaod speed....i always get 230 KB/STHERE IS PROBLEM IN BSNL RIGHT NOW>>>>>>

Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser. ID and password is admin. Check the menu page for SNR and attenuation values.

Plz find the SNR and attenuation values...plz advice me if I need to change the adsl router.... Downstream Upstream SNR Margin : 11.0 10.0 db Line Attenuation : 13.0 14.2 db Data Rate : 16928 835 kbps

Your values seems ok. Better get your line checked by the line man. SNR is a bit low.

I have changed the SVR ADSL Router and installed iBall Baton ADSL2+ Router...but the issue remains same....disconnects after using the net for sometime and connects back....I checked with the local BSNL exchange here but they said there is no issues with the Line....M copying the SNR and Line attenuation Values here,

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin : 6.0 6.5 db
Line Attenuation : 15.0 13.1 db
Data Rate : 23750 1051 kbps

Also copying the link for the screen shot of the Device Info page.....

http://i50.tinypic.com/2w4kb4h.jpg

Plz help me to fix this issue as I have been struggling for 2 weeks with this.....

Thanks....

SNR is very low. Talk with the lineman and get the line fixed.