BSNL Broadband: Configure the settings of Teracom Type 1 modem

• Thread starter Thread starter sanchay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 28,721

sanchay

ISP
bsnl
please tell the configure details of using a Teracom Type 1 model for internet connection whose model no. is T1-B-DSL699E9.4U6-5. i cant access my internet. my earlier modem was Nokia siemens which got out of order. earlier i used to connect to the internet by creating a new connection from network and settings option. but now i cannot connect through it. can u help me out. what shud i do?

Why are you worried ?? Dint your broadband dude come and set it up ?? Why are you thinking of manual setup ?

Please do not upgrade the firmware of Teracom Type I Modem Bcoz when I did I was unable to connect to the internet.I had to go the their office and rollback the upgrade.

Please do not upgrade the firmware of Teracom Type I Modem Bcoz when I did I was unable to connect to the internet.I had to go the their office and rollback the upgrade.

Also, even if you download the USB driver/s from BSNL web site,
Teracom models do not work in USB Mode. ( confirmed by CC BSNL)
If you connect the modem usb cable to System and restart,
Windows does not detect NEW hardware.
Any user who has installed USB drivers for Teracom models, kindly confirm.
Feedback please.

I was told by the officers that not to upgrade any firmware of any modem from motive.bsnl.co.in.This is so frustrating when we are re-directed to that page

i have my friend who have connected the teracom modem via usb successfully though speed was a little bit less

more details please.model firmware and software version.usb drivers downloaded from which link ?Even Teracom CC has informed a userUSB port disabled.(@knight in another forum )

Also, even if you download the USB driver/s from BSNL web site,
Teracom models do not work in USB Mode. ( confirmed by CC BSNL)
If you connect the modem usb cable to System and restart,
Windows does not detect NEW hardware.
Any user who has installed USB drivers for Teracom models, kindly confirm.
Feedback please.

USB mode works fine on Windows 7 Starter (plug and play). The only problem i'm facing is: every time the modem reboots (power fluctuations), i need to manually unplug and plug in the usb connector.