• Thread starter Thread starter kanishka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 71,142

kanishka

Linux geek
ISP
512 UL BSNL
I have seen many people that they are facing the some basic problem's ..........

Let me Explain u very clearly .......

1 . On which server they are hosted .. weather they are in NIB -1 or NIB -2 ?

if u got a username as "" priya_hyd "' then u r in NIB-1
or if u got a username as "" maxer123 "" then u r in NIB-2

please Remember that in which server u r hosted this is very important in some issues

u can get another way find it.......
if ip address starts with 59.xxx.xxx.xxx then u r in NIB -1
or ip address starts with 117.xxx.xxx.xxx then u r in NIB -2

2. Username and Portal Is are Different ?

This a problem faced by NIB -2 Users only .................. 😗

U got a portal ID ( eg..."" yar85216052008 " ) --- this a username to check the usage details for NIB- 2 users only ....

then whats the username then ......... the username u usually ( eg .. an865236541 ) is the PPPOE username which connects u to internet only

Both the passwords are by default are same .........
please try to chages then ........... keep the different password for both ID's

3 . Check the usage ?

For NIB-1 the Ip address to check the usage is ?

i have not much idea about other ip but this works ...
hey the usage deatils are update very fastly about 5 min delay .........

For NIB-2 users .....

data.bsnl.in
bbservice.bsnl.in

u need to use the portal ID to login ...... and portal password .........

NOTE : the usage is updated very lately .... takes about a day or more i can't garenty a day ........

Please Be carefull if u r a limited plan user mainly H500 .........

4 . Whats is Modem's IP and Internet IP ?
U should know the Difference .........

Bsnl will give an ip address to connect to internet ... which will be like 117.199.228.159 this is like a address to u in internet .........

But there is an Ip u should remember 192.168.1.1 .......
this is used in locally to configure the modem through Web browser .........
when u try to open this on web browser 192.168.1.1
u will get login POP-UP

By deafult
username : admin
password : password / admin

5 . Whats u r Net speed ?

There may threads wasting on this topic ........ :wall::wall::wall:
The speeds are limited ...... u must accept it ...... :thumbsup:
Don't trust the speeds in speedtests ..... 😗

If u are in Home 750 u should know the u r speed is 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) or 32 KBps (Kilo Bytes Per Second ) .........

If u are in H 500 Plan u speeds can go upto 2 mega bits per second (mbps) or 256 KBps ( Kilo Bytes per second ) ..... Please don't argue with this ..... this is proved .........

6 . How to configure the username and password into the modem ?

This is not recommended for Limited plan users and who download files from the link-removed and other hosting services ....

Form this time u should know how to login into the modem .......

here is the Video Tuitorials .......

7 . How to secure wi-fi ..... ?????

Dataone WebMail see the down there ...... u see some PPT's ........

There is some thing similar like this ......

In the ppts they shown u to select the WEP please don't use WEP ,,, use WPA .. for security

Please Don't select WEP ,,,, use WPA and above because WEP can be hacked very easily ......... :cool2:

8 . Enhance u r Browsing speed ?

This is don't tell u that u r speeds are increased ..... 😢 😢 😢

There is one concept that will perform u r browsing speeds higher ... by changing the DNS server ......

For normal users who use yahoo , gmail and other popular sites don't need this tweak ........

This is for Pro and People who will explore the internet ...........

Here it is explained very clearly ..... .... https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/39049-dns-servers/

9 . Damm Serious thing about the Billing in H500 or any other night unlimited plans ? (Especially for NIB-2 Users)

Please take it seriously ........ because i was charged 45,000 rs for BSNL for not knowing this INFO .......

I u connect to internet before 2 PM and used the entire night .... then the usage was not calculated as free usage ......... U should Dis-connect and connect after 2 AM ( For safe side connect at 2.20 ) .....

For example -- u have used 2 gb in normal usage ...... then one day u connected to internet before 2 PM and used the internet and downloaded about a Gb then u disconnected at 6M ... u might be thingking that from 2-8 AM its free .. So u will not be charged that 1 Gb into the Account Even when u see the Data.bsnl.in for usage ... the page is not updated untill 1-3 days ..

After 2-3 days u will see that 3 Gb was charged into the account ...... Please be carefull about it

Specially NIB-2 users .......

No one can help in this matter ..... this very serious issuse ...

Good work. Rep +

BSNL BB regulars know this very well. But this info is very helpful for Newbies

make this thread a sticky very useful for newbiesyou can also add info on configuring and securing wifi in this and also state some info about NU and it's timing and also how the speed is calculated

make this thread a sticky
very useful for newbies
you can also add info on configuring and securing wifi in this and also state some info about NU and it's timing and also how the speed is calculated
i am releasing the part two and part 3 guys

I think u r 1st point ("""'1 . On which server they are hosted .. weather they are in NIB -1 or NIB -2 ?"""""")is not correct as according to .....

""""""if u got a username as "" priya_hyd "' then u r in NIB-1
or if u got a username as "" maxer123 "" then u r in NIB-2 """""

my username is like "" priya_hyd "' then I am in NIB-1 ........

and according to my ip 117.xxx.xxx.xxx I am in NIB-2

""""" ip address starts with 59.xxx.xxx.xxx then u r in NIB -1
or ip address starts with 117.xxx.xxx.xxx then u r in NIB -2 """"''

so please could u explain this................

I think u r 1st point ("""'1 . On which server they are hosted .. weather they are in NIB -1 or NIB -2 ?"""""")is not correct as according to .....

""""""if u got a username as "" priya_hyd "' then u r in NIB-1
or if u got a username as "" maxer123 "" then u r in NIB-2 """""

my username is like "" priya_hyd "' then I am in NIB-1 ........

and according to my ip 117.xxx.xxx.xxx I am in NIB-2

""""" ip address starts with 59.xxx.xxx.xxx then u r in NIB -1
or ip address starts with 117.xxx.xxx.xxx then u r in NIB -2 """"''

so please could u explain this................

Actually the BSNL first got 59.xx xxx xx ip block range from IANA ...
for that they have kept a a name like NIB-1 .. they formed a network .....

then the explosive users growth pushed the BSNl to buy a new IP block 117.xx.xx.xxx
for those they have given another network Nib-2 this is very big users and this is classified as another network

both have different way to check the bbusage

Pls help..I am an NIB-2 user, but cannot connect after a re-format of the computer..is there any change in DNS settings for NIB-2 users? if not, what are the usual settings..thanks in advance

everything is ok but i have been using bsnl now for more than 6 months. and everyday i start my modem at 11 p.m and shut by 8.00 a.m by a auto shutdown application. but i never ever recieved a false huge bill so i can say they bill u exactly for the amount u use. and i check it also i have kaspersky internet security which adds and tell me what amount i have used which when compared to bsnl portal is somewhat the same sparring 5-10 mb aside.