BSNL Broadband Combo Broadband Plan 99

• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 7,921
just tried to change bb plan in selfcare bsnl...it was available and i dont care about speeds much just want a unlimited in continous speeds ...so just wanted to try this..even when i am a existing user ,infact this is only for new users...by the way i got to know in copper wires the high speed isnt possible in other posts ..anyway i am still getting 6.7mbps with 99 plan changed...just hope the bills go down
can u giv me the link of portal from where plan can be changed online

BSNL CUSTOMER CARE have to login in here with your account number and phone number mentioned in your monthly bill...then from there change tariff plan,there you will know what to do obviously

Just to clarify, the 99 plan does not have happy browsing offer. So I had to change my plan to 249, but even then happy browsing was not working so I raised a complaint in twitter and they fixed it with in half an hour of complaining by resetting my profile.

But they did not decrease my line speed from the earlier plan so I'm basically enjoying upto 12.5 mbps on 249 plan. The JE is aware of this, but didnt bother to reduce my speed to 8 mbps. Sometimes bsnl surprises you.

wow,this is cool,antony.. so this 249plan is a regular one or will it be gone in 6 months?i am having 99 plan now but still my speed isnt incresed from 8 to atleast 12-20mbps,even after grievance got verified its the same,made a complaint by phone today,i dont like to talk to my exchange people,they dont know whats line rate at all..!! whoever its je or ae ,never stay in the office i guess..never met them..

249 is now a regular plan so it's not going away. It is available to all customers old and new. However it is not avaialbe in the self care portal and I had to visit the exchange to give a plan change request.

Please share your line stats. I have a feeling your line is not capable of handling high speeds. If that's the case, no amount of complaining will help.

Upload speed should be 1/8th of your download speed. But this will never happen. I doubt anyone has upload speeds reaching even 1 mbps in bsnl adsl broadband. Cant blame them really, the line quality will take a massive hit if they increase the upload speed.

About a year back when bsnl increased download speeds, I forced my JE to increase my upload speed to 1 mbps (was using a 8 mbps download plan) from about 400 kbps. He did it and then I faced constant disconnections in my line. When they reduced the upload speed, the internet became very stable. That was a lesson learnt.

Now i've shifted to a different location and am using 249 plan. The speeds are supposed to be 8 mbps download in this plan, but i get 12.5 mbps download and 600 kbps download.

Rate Down stream: 12495 kbps
Rate up stream : 621 kbps

Bottom line, your upload and download speed depends on the distance from the exchange, line quality and your luck.

hi antoney.. here /plan 99 ,they couldnt incerse the speed more than 8000kbps ,sometuimes they changed to gdmt,they dint call me after,i guess they tried to increase but they couldnt,but i doubt is it not really possible to keep atleast 10-12mbps for 20mbps plan i have!!

SNR Margin (dB):23.3 27.9
Attenuation (dB):31.5 18.3

Output Power (dBm):12.3 18.5

Attainable Rate (Kbps):17621 1221

Rate (Kbps):7996 496

@MEGAN the exchange people are the one who is changing the speeds for us. enven though i have 8mbps my speed is reduced to 4 as i am having disconnection issues. may be they can do it or they are not doing it. getting this 20mbps high speed through copper lines is always not possible. users near exchange can only utilise it. as SNR drops as distance from the exchange to user increases. if u can get Fiber try that.

can i know your attainable rate,by the way i too was having discoonection issues few moths back ,they dint reduce the speed ,it was just fine after a week,so try again for the 8mbps for you,i dont want exact 20mbps atleast i want to try to have a possible speed as i have changed the plan... even if its 9 mbps...i would be glad that they tried atleast..but its the same even after they restarted the connection as for some time after they spoke with me my internet wasnt active...but when it came it still is 7996 kbps..,will try tomorrow again ..

Upload speed should be 1/8th of your download speed. But this will never happen. I doubt anyone has upload speeds reaching even 1 mbps in bsnl adsl broadband. Cant blame them really, the line quality will take a massive hit if they increase the upload speed.

About a year back when bsnl increased download speeds, I forced my JE to increase my upload speed to 1 mbps (was using a 8 mbps download plan) from about 400 kbps. He did it and then I faced constant disconnections in my line. When they reduced the upload speed, the internet became very stable. That was a lesson learnt.

Now i've shifted to a different location and am using 249 plan. The speeds are supposed to be 8 mbps download in this plan, but i get 12.5 mbps download and 600 kbps download.

Rate Down stream: 12495 kbps
Rate up stream : 621 kbps

Bottom line, your upload and download speed depends on the distance from the exchange, line quality and your luck.
thanks for confirmation, 500-600kbps upload speed is way too slow in this era , there's no hope in bsnl to increase the upload speed until they provides fully fiber optic lines.....