BSNL Broadband Combo 750 Plan - Good enough to stream IPL on YouTube?

• Thread starter Thread starter dOne
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 7,006

dOne

Curious
ISP
BSNL 500 Combo
Is anyone with BB Combo 750 watching IPL on UTube?Is it watchable and how much is buffering? I want to know if on 512Kbps speed does it look good.

Possible on 360p, 480p will have a slight stutter. But, then bsnl usually streams YouTube quite fast (720ps play without buffering on my 1mbps line).

Nah, its almost impossible to stream anything live. The only possible way to watch it seamlessly is to hit pause, sit back and let the video buffer for some time then play.

I am using ...
You can watch IPL without any problem

Thanks for confirming. City??

I am also from jabalpur using the exact same plan,
The thing is that most 360p videos are mostly having bitrate of 350~500 kbps which could be played with a 512kbps connection but the problem is that other applications running in the background always require some internet one time or the other, so there are two real solutions
1. Download this app called SpeedBit Video Accelerator which concentrates the whole internet speed towards loading the youtube video and hence make it load faster, so go download SpeedBit Video Accelerator , it will help a bit and make 360p loading a bit faster but don't expect miracles, but that would still help
2.Switch to some other company which offers more speed than this one for somewhat same price and Unlimited internet, Reliance has wonderful plans right now, They are
Reliance Thunder 549 - 1mbps unlimited (no FUP) - 2 timjes your connection speed - can play 360p video smoothly
Reliance Thunder 699 - 2mbps unlimited (no FUP) - 4 times your connection speed - can play 720p smoothly smoothly
Reliance Thunder 1099 - 4mbps unlimited (no FUP) - 8 times your connection speed - can play 1080p videeo smoothlyI would recommend the 2nd one as Reliance is both cheaper and faster than the age old BSNL, and i am soon going to do the same 😀. Don't go for BSNL instead go for reliance their installation charge is just Rs.599+normal rate (1st month) and then normal plan rate

airtel_128kbps said:
Reliance Thunder 549 - 1mbps unlimited (no FUP) - 2 timjes your connection speed - can play 360p video smoothly
Reliance Thunder 699 - 2mbps unlimited (no FUP) - 4 times your connection speed - can play 720p smoothly smoothly
Reliance Thunder 1099 - 4mbps unlimited (no FUP) - 8 times your connection speed - can play 1080p videeo smoothly
Please stop daydreaming. You haven't experienced it yet. Get a connection and then you'll understand the reality. Your facts are far from reality.

iChaitanya said:
Reliance Thunder 549 - 1mbps unlimited (no FUP) - 2 timjes your connection speed - can play 360p video smoothlyReliance Thunder 699 - 2mbps unlimited (no FUP) - 4 times your connection speed - can play 720p smoothly smoothlyReliance Thunder 1099 - 4mbps unlimited (no FUP) - 8 times your connection speed - can play 1080p videeo smoothly Please stop daydreaming. You haven't experienced it yet. Get a connection and then you'll understand the reality. Your facts are far from reality.
Agreed. Ping response is killing the live streaming on reliance. You get the full bandwidth when you download something. But streaming stutters a lot.

i am also on bsnl UL750+ .my FUP finishes in just two days of watching youtube videos using 360p on 1mbps .at 512 kbps ,it buffers for 360p videos ,just unwatchable.
you can watch the lowest quality video on 512kbps speed .