BSNL Broadband: Combo 1500, Home Combo ULF 1400 and Home Combo ULF 1700 plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 23,306
Confusion is still there about it. We are getting two kinds of report. One is that UL 1350 has been automatically upgraded to ULF 1350. But some users report that their speed is still 512 Kbps. So you can any time switch back to ULF 1350. I think UL 750 is enough to meet our need. ULF 1350 is not that attractive if you download a lot. For me, my usage is around 45 GB per month. So quite happy with UL 750. The other drawback about ULF 1350 is that after FUP, speed dips to 256 Kbps not 512.

256 Kbps thats shocking? but it says 512 in the opening post and yeah i do download a lot, was considering using 2mb speed for internet streaming and online gaming for first few days till it reaches 20gb limit.

The other drawback about ULF 1350 is that after Fair Usage Policy, speed dips to 256 Kbps not 512.

but as per BSNL site, the speed will be reduced to 512kbps for ULF1350. Dont they do so?

PS: I saw the ad on newspaper for 4mbps @rs.900 with 400 free calls ... not sure about other 2 offers though

No. Still to. Hope it is not just a rumour.

the blog post owner contacted me with some requests. i fulfilled everything. but he even had issues with the description of the updated plans. i mean what the F. you want me to remove the description of speculative plans even when i have added a source link? i thought there was something called fair use. 🙂

anyways. i have added the warning in the first post and removed the link to the source. we are not in the business of publishing speculations as confirmed news items.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

adding the link to the original source because the dude claimed that i was not being very nice to him. 🙁

Gave BSNL CC a call and they said that they had no info about these plan changes and they highly doubted it to be true. However, told me to check back on Monday- to see if some circular had come.

knowing BSNL it would not be shocking that they do not get this circular for days. and the official news is posted after like 4-5 days. most of the times their newly posted plans are applicable from days earlier. 🙂 so i am not really surprised. the source is pretty confident as he claims to have contacts inside BSNL management. he also claims that the details are on an official BSNL document he has with him.

I heard they are going to make UL 1350 1mb unlimited in 2 months. is this true or just bull****. Which plan are you on now?

I don't think its true, as a matter of fact I have a rumour (inside info) that they may impose FUP on UL750 plans where after 8 GB it will be reduced to 256kbps.

righto. recent steps taken by bsnl shows that they too are not interested in FUP free unlimited plans at higher speeds.

of course it would suck to be paying 750 bucks for 512k that falls down to 256k after a particular limit is crossed. airtel has already done it. BSNL might or might not do it.

I got used to 512 Kbps speed. For the first time, I laid my hands on direct links for movies. In 256 Kbps, mostly it is interrupted by a power failure. It takes around 4 hours for a movie in 512 Kbps. Will be a great disappointment if they really apply FUP on UL 750.

This rumor may be true. I am on the UL1350 plan. Last month I crossed the 15GB limit on the 27th but the speed was not reduced to 512kbps.