BSNL broadband: Can't access websites while using a PPPoE connection

• Thread starter Thread starter LiNkEr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 107,971
Hello BSNL Folks, I would like to share with you about my not-so-good experience with country's Largest Pathetic Broadband Service (I still wonder how they managed to get the ISO 9000 Certification). After a lot of dilly-dallying with the BSNL Customer care regarding my concerns about acessing hotmail, link-removed and mvgroup.com, i had decided to attend one of the BSNL Fair (Mela is what they say) on the advise of an amicable lady on the customer service desk which was held last weekend in Bangalore to solve my issues. I had been there recently to have a sneak-peek about what router models they offer to existing customers. To my misfortune, the sales people said that i was not eligible for 50% off on purchase of the WiFi router since that offer was exclusively open to new and prospecting customers. I was previously using the Beetel 440TX1 WiFI router (which i purchased outright from Airtel when i was a their customer last year not long before i moved residence where there was no Airtel DSL feasability) for my BSNL Broadband, but had issues with the many websites not being accessable. So I shared my issues with the sales people there (who had technical knowledge too) and recommended me to go for the BSNL WiFi Router (which is Type II what they say) and was a UTStarcom brand. It has 4 Lan ports (for RJ45) and Telephone Jack (RJ11) behind which was nearly similar to my existing old router. They had quoted an outright price of INR1400 if i wanted to purchase one or i could go for an option of renting it for INR80 a month on the bill. I was not happy with neither. My worst case scenario came when i held the WiFi router (which they had plugged-in to their computer) in my hands. To my surprise i felt the router very warm and did not hold it for long. I asked them if the router had over heating issues, they said the router was only warm since was on operation for a long time and was normal (how long?? - i had visited them on the very first day morning). Finally i asked them to give me a deal on that router as i wouldnt want to pay 1400 Rupees. They narrated few business plans which was totally contrary to i was asking them. In the end i had to walk out and felt very regrettable subscribing to their services.:wall: It was not long after i got a breakthrough when i read reviews of the same BSNL issue on the other India broadband forum and vinuthomas blogs. I came across a Netgear WiFi ADSL (DG834G) which was exceptional in terms of performance and reliability that was both a standard and well known router used all over the world for ADSL Internet usage. It was this router that had solved my problems altogether which i awaited since many months. I purchased the Netgear DG834G Version 4 (which has the Broadcom BCM6348 V0.7 chipset) outright in Bangalore for INR3000. The best feature of this router is that it carries a built-in modem and you never have the hassle of setting up a connection yourself as it configures the connection with BSNL on its own. All i had to do ultimately was load the CD that came in along with the box and press the installation button and that was it. This router is good as gold and the money spent was well worth for me given the fact i had to wait for months and a lot of slogging with the pathetic after sales service of BSNL. This Netgear lets me to access all the websites that i haven't had accessed for months with the old router and absolutely no heating/disconnection problems. Again i have to say that it was an Investment well made for what it is worth.:yahoo:

registry probems mayb?😗

C2110 (Type-A) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION
Your model nokia_siemens doesnot require a Fw upgrade.

Usual suggestion
use openDNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222
Usually if some web sites do not open change the MTU value to 1492. or even lower.

Using TCP/Ip optimizer from speedguide.net also solves the problem mostly.
If still a stubborn case, kindly report here for analysis
by members.

Generally No ISP blocks any website or port.
I use Airtel and BSNL BB connections. with Beetel 110BX1./MT882
Earlier 220BX1 and Beetel220Bx. No problem in accessing all websites.
(probably without addl LAN & wireless of Beetel440Bx or 450BX).
same board.

Hi, I facing problem with my broadband connection it won't browse some sites which are very important to me. The sites which i can't browse are (atozmp3, thepriatebay, songs.pk, papuyaar, orkut, fashioncad.net, & moany more). Plz help me.Plz help me.Plz help me.Reply Soon

@b-chandrashekhar/Always mention your modem model and make.use open dns or change/lower MTU.see previous post/s in this thread. Post No 100.

Some websites are not opening due to Spyware and Malware programs in your computer. Try to delete SSL Cache in Internet Options. Try to delete all certificates, trusted and untrusted website under content Certificate Publisher in Tools Internet Options. Uninstall if AVG trial Antivirus loaded.

I just loaned a WA3002G4 from our JE, did a hard reset and connected to the net just to check this. All the sites mentioned were opening perfectly fine. BTW, I am using a dialer to rule out the possibility of port forwarding by default.

i think exchange is having Siemens OCLAN...this problem occurs when v connect UTSTAR modem to Siemens OCLAN..the remedy is to set the MTU to 1400...try this one.k

Hi,I am using BSNL broadband PPOE connection mode directly through modem; For the past two days the internet is not et all working the weird part is LAN is fully connected but watever website i type its displaying "internet explorer cannot open the webpage", i tried ping 61.1.96.69 & 61.1.96.71 for both ,the error was"Destination net unreachable"i also tried to reinstall the modem wizard There were 4 Ethernet led-lights , PWR led-light,INET led-light DSL led-light and WLAN led-light glowing& now the INET led-light & WLAN led-light is not glowing.OS:Windows XPLaptop

@vijaya
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
1. Please mention your modem/model/router make model number.
2.copy/Paste data here ( No edit )
StaRT run TYPE cmd Ok
new window
type ipconfig /all