• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 92,978

spramani

ISP
BSNL
Hello,
I am using BSNL WA3002G4 router .

I was configuring Access Control Settings( can't remember exact name of this section). This sub-section comes on left-frame bottom once you go to http://192.168.1.1( the Router Setting home page (logged in as admin)).

I have added a IP address to the list of IP address to access the the default router setting page of BSNL ( http://192.168.1.1). By mistake the DNS IP 192.168.1.1 is inserted instead of my PC IP 192.168.1.100.

Now, I can't open the page http://192.168.1.1 again.

Do you know how to reset/remove the IP address? I heard pressing 'reset' ( for 1 mnt) on router changes the router's configurations; but that does not help me.

Any pointer to this would be helpful.
Thank you.
-suman

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you try reset with power on?
where is the reset access? In the rear or at the bottom
of the unit a small round hole on right side.

http://www.chennai.bsnl.co.in/BBS/Wireless/WirelessSecurity.htm#WA3002_Modem_configuration:

Start/Network LAN
properties
Network settings
select TCP/IP
properties
enter
Apply Save.
now try accessing the modem pages.
If unsuccessful
confirm you are getting connected to Internet.

@essbebe, Thanks buddy.It worked, I am able to get back 192.168.1.1 page and set up the internet from the link from your post.The real challenge was to finding the reset (hole). For WA3002G4 model, it's in the base (right-front corner, front is where LED blinks).But I am unable to setup wireless. My laptop is unable to see my wireless n/w. I see WLAN is on BSNL modem/router. Any pointer what could be wrong?I changed the pre-shared key as mentioned, does that has any impat on this?Thanks in advance.-s

Check whether your Wireless Lan settings are correct.
Even if your Network does not appear, check
any other secured/unsecured WIFI networks appear.
( for this your Router need not be On )

(a)From the taskbar Icon select " View available wireless Networks "
If none seen
(b)with wifi router On, the network name you allotted should appear.
Try without any security first.
(c)What is the Wireless network card you use ?
Post these data for WIFI
Procedure
START run type cmd OK
New window.
type ipconfig /all
copy paste data here without editing.

Thank you.
I switched from WPA-PSK to WPA2-PSK and now my box can detect the wireless n/w. But the thing is that on next reboot it is unable to detect it and this is intermittent (meaning sometimes it can detect and connects)
Here is the output as you wanted.
--------

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9c77:42be:2c2e:5084%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9c77:42be:2c2e:5084%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
--------------
:bowtoyou:
-skp

----------

@essbebe,
I missed the info you wanted, on earlier post, here it is:
Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card

On the back of the router you will find a pin hole, that is the reset button.To reset your router hold in the button and turn of the routers power. Count to five and plug gthe power back into the router, Count to 5 again and let go of the reset button.Now this will not only reset the security features, but it will wipe out all changes you have made in the router, including your ISP login setup.

INJ TCP/IP properties select obtain ip address automatcally.In network settings pagedisable IPV6.use "Always ON" PPP/PPPoE mode instead of dialer( "bridged") mode. Enable DHCP in modem/router.@vishyc88Read post no 3. The " reset" is not in the back of the router. Wa3002-g4

Thank you @essbebe. Can you please explain what you mean by "In network settings page", where can I find it? Thank you.-suman

Start/ Network /LANPropertiesNetworks settings ( new window ) Disable IPV6On top ethernet card Select "Configure" Check enabled .lSame for WLAN settings. disable IPV6

i m using ITI modem DNA-A211-I i m unable to open 192.168.1.1 modem setting and net in windows 7but modem setting and net is working fine in ubuntu 10.4

In Windows 7, post the ipconfig/all in command prompt and post the values.You can also configure your IP as 192.168.1.2, subnet mask as 255.255.255.0, default gateway as 192.168.1.1 and check.