BSNL Broadband: BSNL BB Tariff slashed or not

• Thread starter Thread starter sarigama
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 17,082

sarigama

ISP
India
is bsnl broadband tariff reduced for all bsnl customers in India??????

I have gone through the following url
Calcutta Telephones

Modified Unlimited Broadband Home & Business Plan
Monthly fixed charge of the following unlimited Broadband Plans has been reduced for the period 15.11.2008 to 12.02.2009 for new Broadband applicants & Existing BB Customer of the Home Plan UL 750 , Home Plan UL 750 Plus , Business UL 3300 Plan and Business UL 3300 Plus Plan. It is a promotional offer.
The details as follow :-

NAME OF THE PLAN SPEED FIXED CHARGES(Rs) REDUCED CHARGES(Rs)

HOME PLAN UL 750 256 Kbps 750 500

HOME PLAN UL 750+ 256 Kbps 750 500

All other parameter for the above plan will remain unchanged

1) * This Tariff is valid for six months (i.e up to 13.05.2009).
2) Customer apply within 3 months i.e from 15.11.2008 to 12.02.2009 will get this
facility .
3) Existing unlimited Home & Business customer may migrate to this plan on
application basis.
4) Migration from any other plan is allowed

* Extended upto 31.05.2009.

IS THIS TRUE FOR ALL BSNL BB USERS OR ONLY UNDER CALCUTTA TELEPHONES?
SINCE THE BSNL.CO.IN IS NOT UPDATED I AM CONFUSED

SO PLEASE HELP

@sarigama
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
Please edit and reduce the FONT size.
The offer is only for kolkatta circle as "promotional offer"
You always refer ALL INDIA site
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
& your State circle's BSNL site.

there is one more good news for rural customers only for rural people and this is for all india
S.No.
Particulars
Rural Plan 99
Rural Plan 150
Bandwidth
512 kbps upto 2 Mbps
512 Kbps upto 2 Mbps
Broadband Fixed monthly Charges (Rs.)
Download/ Upload Limit
400 MB
1 GB

^ please provide the link.

there is no link i just upload the circular because it is on password protected site

@totallyfanduDo you mean:512kbps upto 2 mbps with 400 MB data transfer for just Rs. 99/-512kbps upto 2 mbps with 1 GB data transfer for just Rs. 150/-If so then Rural plan 150 is worth considering for normal users

@totallyfandu

Do you mean:
512kbps upto 2 mbps with 400 MB data transfer for just Rs. 99/-
512kbps upto 2 mbps with 1 GB data transfer for just Rs. 150/-

If so then Rural plan 150 is worth considering for normal users

[FONT=&quot]212, Bharat Sanchar Bhawan,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Janpath, New Delhi – 110001 [/FONT]

file:///G:/Users/k/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg

To:
All Circle Heads

Under this agreement, BSNL has to offer subsidized tariff package to customers. Plan 99 and Plan 150 as indicated below are to be offered for which regular tariff circular shall be issued by Commercial cell of BSNL C.O. shortly.

S.No.
Particulars
Rural Plan 99
Rural Plan 150
Bandwidth
512 kbps upto 2 Mbps
512 Kbps upto 2 Mbps
Broadband Fixed monthly Charges (Rs.)
Download/ Upload Limit
400 MB
1 GB

You may immediately start offering these plans to rural BB customers with FREE MODEM.

The salient points of the MOU are furnished in the annexure given below. Draft of the MOU is being mailed to all Circle broadband coordinators.

@totallyfandu

Do you mean:
512kbps upto 2 mbps with 400 MB data transfer for just Rs. 99/-
512kbps upto 2 mbps with 1 GB data transfer for just Rs. 150/-

If so then Rural plan 150 is worth considering for normal users

Yes

I am from rural india. Can any one provide me true information about the new plans for rural india.Thanks in advance.

@harpinder
Are you going to be one of the lucky 25 ?
Contact your exchange and give Application for BB now !

DoT, BSNL in MoU for rural reach

DoT, BSNL in MoU for rural reach
Ishita Russell / New Delhi January 27, 2009, 0:35 IST

The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with state-owned telecom operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) to provide wireless broadband in rural areas
Under the MoU, BSNL will provide wireless broadband at 29,000 rural exchanges throughout the country. Each exchange will have 31 connections along with one kiosk for public use. A DoT official said, “Out of these 31 connections, 6 will be used by institutions like schools, while the rest will be for individual users.”

The implementation of the entire project is expected to be completed by 2011. Currently, there are over 5.45 million broadband subscribers in the country. This move comes as a catalyst in the government’s aim to reach 20 million broadband subscribers by 2010..............................................

However, private telecom operators have opposed the extra funds being allotted to BSNL from the Universal Service Obligation (USO) Fund. In a letter to the Union telecom secretary, the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (GSM operators’ lobby) and Association of Unified Telecom Service Providers of India (CDMA operators’ lobby) have alleged that there is huge corpus lying unutilised under the USO Fund (approximately Rs 15,000 crore).

The USO fund is created from a 5 per cent universal service obligation levy that the government charges all telecom operators in India. The fund is meant to support extension of connectivity to areas where private operators do not enter due to lack of adequate profitability.

Private operators have asked the DoT to disburse the USO funds to all operators rather than restricting it to state-owned operators.
@sahaydri
Maharashtra Telecom Circle ::BSNL::
You have to watch this web site !
Since you have a BB connection now ,
will you be chosen again for
allotment out of of the 25 BB connections
planned for a rural exchange ?
( Data from web site .Not updated : about 6000 BB connections )

@essbebewhat do you mean by lucky?Will they provide free usage of wireless bb for first 25.What if there will be no availability of wireless bb in rural areas.Please guide me to be a lucky.Thanks

@totallyfanduThis website does not specify whether my exchange is Rural or UrbanMy exchange code is SIGX (Shrigonda exchange under Ahmednagar SSA in MH & Goa Circle)

@harpinder

Confirm how you are using BB now ?
WLL ? Landline based? Datacard ?

If any of above
"under section 12 clause (3) subsection(7) NOTE (34) VIDE CIRCULAR 23/2008 issued by SSA Kapurthala vide S.C
judgement original side case 34/2007 Junjunwala vs Republic of India represented by Secy D.O.T ETC ETC
regarding what is definition of RURAL and URBAN
as applicable to telephone/broadband services, and eligibility of Citizens of India to get Free BB """ etc etc

Don't ask me photo copy!!!
Imaginary circular !!
You may not get free BB / modem etc !!!!!!!!!

Each exchange will have 31 connections along with one kiosk for public use. A DoT official said, “Out of these 31 connections, 6 will be used by institutions like schools, while the rest will be for individual users.”
The so called rural BB connection set up ( eqpts etc) IS LIMITED TO ONLY 25 USERS. You could be the lucky one in your village.
Tariffs may be as mentioned elsewhere here. No free /lunch !

@onlyfandu can inform you
FIRST the date ,it is commissioned
in your village. in Punjab!

Our exchange is already providing bb.it has 29999 lines,is it a rural exchange. My village is in ludhiana district and our exchange is located in a village named as Hedon.Am i eligible to get a bb connection under new plans i.e plan99 and plan150 (if these plans exists)

BSNL rent for land line in urban exchange are RS. 180/ pm and in semi-urban Exchange Rs. 120/- pm but in rural exchange land line rent is Rs. 50/- pm if ur pm rent is 50/- or u r living in village then ur can avail these facility.