BSNL Broadband: Broadband speed is very very slow - please help.

• Thread starter rajrosy28
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 8,629
R

rajrosy28

ISP
BSNL - Dataone
Dear friends,

I am at Pondicherry, South India and I am using BSNL Home plan 500 +. My BSNL broadband connection was working nice and i could download fast till the past week. But now for the past four days, (From 29-09-2008) the speed has suddenly fallen to very slow. It is very worser than the speed of Dial up connection. It takes me minutes to open a picture with normal size and i cannot download any file at all. When I checked my speed with BSNL bandwith tester, it shows that.

"Your current Bandwidth reading : 4.50 kbps
(Download rate at 0.56 KB/sec)"

I don't know why this has happened suddenly. I feel very much frustrated by this. Friends please help me to solve this problem, and to get back my previous speed.

Thanks in advance

RAJ :(

E

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
@rajarosySeems there is a line problem You had complained in August and Line was checked and connection became alright. Phone working Ok without noise ??Mention your modem model. Check the ADSL menu where it shows SNR./ATTN/ine speed etc and post the details here.Screen shot can be uploaded at tinypic.com and link given here.LIne ADSL splitter ==>> PHONE PORT ==>>>> ALL phones......................................Modem Port ===rj11 ===>> to modem.click EDIT button and delete the QUOTE.To check your system avail FREE internet till OCT31st NETONE dial up connection! Phone charges as usual for dialup connection .

R

rajrosy28

ISP
BSNL - Dataone
Brother,

Thanks for the quick reply. As U asked, my phone line is O.K without any noise. My modem model is WA3002GA - Type II modem - Ethernet port. I don't know how to check the ADSL menu. Even when I i enter the bandwidth testing site of BSNL. it is taking of nearly 6 to 7 long minutes to display the result. When I checked few minutes back it shows

"Your current Bandwidth reading : 3.80 kbps
(Download rate at 0.48 KB/sec)"

Much slower than the previous one.

But when i checked in the Speedtest.net site, after a long waiting it shows result as given below

https://www.speedtest.net

https://www.speedtest.net

But it shows the server as 'Mumbai' and no server is available in the south india side.

Please help brother.

E

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
Download DrTCP 0.21 - DR TCP - a internet speed connection optimizer. - Softpedia
Download this program and use default values.
Recheck speed at same site. give feedback.
Do not test at BSNL site not reliable.
Your U/L speed is higher than D/Lto be checked.
You should get > 1000kb/sec at speed test site
Para two:
Look in modem menu column Statistics/adsl
report /post screenshot . Upload at tinypic.com and give link here.
snr/attn line speed and mod selected.

REFERENCE:http://www.chennai.bsnl.co.in/BBS/WA3002G4.htm#Wireless_security
Instructions with screenshots.
download.
ADD to your bookmarks/favorites.

S

sumatrix9

ISP
bsnl
am facing the same problem .but when i check at speedtest i get a download speed of 1303 kbps on mumbai server....but my actual problem is even though my speeds are good enough i get a download speed of 30-40 kbps on utorrent.i also tried using dr.tcp but no effect.this is my modem statistics page:

E

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
@member/sumatrix9/1.Torrent sites are not standard for checking d/l speeds.2.Go to speedguide.net and see their recommendations for your system.3.Download from Microsoft site any update/application and check speed.4. Download a file using download managers like Star downloader, Free Download Manager etc. You will find the D/L speed is not steady.

R

rajrosy28

ISP
BSNL - Dataone
esspee brother, please tell me how to take and post the screen shot of my ADSL details as done by Sumitri. I got the results, but dont know how to post it here.

R

rajrosy28

ISP
BSNL - Dataone
Esspee brother, please see whether the given data will be helpfulStatistics -- ADSLMode: G.DMT Type: Fast Line Coding: Trellis On Status: No Defect Link Power State: L0 Downstream Upstream SNR Margin (dB): 6.7 6.0 Attenuation (dB): 51.0 31.5 Output Power (dBm): 10.6 19.8 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 2432 128 Rate (Kbps): 2400 96 K (number of bytes in DMT frame): 76 4 R (number of check bytes in RS code word): 0 0 S (RS code word size in DMT frame): 1 1 D (interleaver depth): 1 1 Delay (msec): 0 0 Super Frames: 30148 30147 Super Frame Errors: 69 57 RS Words: 0 0 RS Correctable Errors: 0 0 RS Uncorrectable Errors: 0 N/A HEC Errors: 35 14 OCD Errors: 1 13 LCD Errors: 0 2 Total Cells: 2901130 0 Data Cells: 5958 0 Bit Errors: 0 0 Total ES: 536 0 Total SES: 6 0 Total UAS: 132 0

E

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
@rajarosyPlease save that page for records. Your telephone line is very bad. Attn should come down to say 20 or 30db and SNR say 12 to 30 dB. Only BSNL can improve matters by changing the line from the pole. They have instruments to check the line. Check water has not entered the pipe carrying the cable during recent rains. Check connections for rusting/corrosion, blackening, intermittent joints, High resistance contacts etc. I will give you an email Id to send complaint to BSNL. if local staff don't improve matters. Para two :We need only four inputsDownstream UpstreamSNR Margin (dB): 6.7 6.0Attenuation (dB): 51.0 31.5Output Power (dBm): 10.6 19.8Attainable Rate (Kbps): 2432 128Rate (Kbps): 2400 96 You have given all the data most of , which most of us too ,don't understand specially me !

R

rajrosy28

ISP
BSNL - Dataone
esspee brother,thanks for the help. i will contact the local BSNL people. Anyway, please give the e-mail id you have for complaint.

E

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
1. Try local exchange first. Meet the D.E or A.D.E or the J.T.O
2.Welcome to Bangalore Telecom District website
Give brief details SNR attn data Your telephone number with std code
contact email ID. Days you have this problem.
3.A release issued by the BSNL Puducherry, office said customers can send SMS to “04132900198” to clear their doubts on any of the telecom services provided by them. try this also!

4. send email to [email protected]

Pondicherry Shri M.Shanmuga sundaram SDE(PG) % GMT,BSNL,Old CTO Building,Rangapillai St, Pondicherry-605001 [email protected] 0413-2221222

S

sumatrix9

ISP
bsnl
@eseebeeas i said earlier i checked my speed at speedtest.net and also with download accelerator.but the spped was not stable.it showed 2900 kbps wid mumbai server and 1200 kbps wid brisbane server.i also posted a screenshot of my modem page earlier,so is there a problem wid the line?did u find anythin after lookin at the modem page?

E

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
@sumatrix9 presume modem is WA3002-G4Your report at i33.tinypic.com/jadix5.jpgThe download speed need not be same for all servers at all times. Your ADSl data is for mod T413. You can try GDMT or adsl2 or adsl2+, and use the most stable connection. If selection is auto the MODcan also change.Try openDNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220