BSNL Broadband Billing Problems

• Thread starter Thread starter pupudada
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 131
  • Views Views 85,648
Thanks for your reply guys. I am on BSNL's DataOne Broadband service under H500 plan which has free download hours from 2:00am to 8:00am. I have setup Always on PPPoE connection with my router. My Mac is setup up in such a way that it will wake up from sleep at 2:33 AM and at 2:34 AM it launches my torrent client and the download begins. I get up at 6 AM daily and take up everything from there, at 7:45 AM I stop downloading and reboot/turn off router. I never miss on this schedule.
But on 23rd Oct things got messy as the BSNL server failed to clock the free hours correctly. Take a look at this picture for clear understanding :

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5777/picture9g.jpg

I'd like to know how to get this problem solved and what are my chances ?

The average download for each hour can be calculated , and for the 40 minutes ( 0120 to 0200 AM) you may be charged. Say your schedulerfailed to switch off the modem at 0200 and restart AT 0210am !If data downloaded is available in Down--ad manager take print 0f that a-s0PS:KBD tr0ub_e here !Take a Print out and talk to A.O. KBD Now OKCompare download with previous date also. Instead of blaming BSNL, ensure that modem is switched off at 0155 and then restart at 0210again switch off at 0755. if "greedy" for extra free d/l start again at 0757 and run upto 0824 ( 30 minute block reported switch at 0824 am NUfree to /counter) may not be counted !

what is KBD ??One more thing I'd like to mention here is that my router doesn't support Telnet, so there is no way that I can automatically reboot router 0210. I have not been doing that for the last 2 years of my usage. If you observe the screenshot you'll notice that there is seamless connection from 0121 to 0540 and then there is a temp disconnection. This disconnection happens automatically and also I've noticed that this small disconnection happens couple of times in every half an hour. Hence I assumed this would happen between 0200 and 0230 and it did happen for 2 years except on 23rd Oct.

Thanks essbebe, I've registered the complain 3 days and today the JTO called me. I think my problem will be solved. That complaint link was really useful.

This Is To Inform To All Broadband Users of BSNL DATAONE PLAN Users....This IS MY REAL EXPERIENCE ...I belong to a sub urban place somewhere in Burdwan District of West Bengal(I Dont wanna disclose).One of my friends have 1GB plan of BSNL DATAONE, another one had Unlimited plan.Now I came to know that Line Bonding is available with all BSNL DATAONE users..so I never tried to hack an account but some days back some evil came in my mind and thought to try for hack dataone account of the friend whom had a unlimited plan.Actually the evil came to my mind because the similarity of username and password which I found on my friend's dataone plan..Here all DATAONE users are given connection connection within 2-3 days of application(there are some special caring people),all username and passwords has a default valueUsername:****2**3***password asswordthe first four stars indicating STD code excluding(e.g. (0)33) next six digits are phone no having active broadband connection.Now I tried it and could access both the above mentioned account with default values...I thought that the guy having unlimited plan will not be affected if I download using his account but after 2 months of usage he had a Huge bill of 51000/-!!!! which showed I downloaded 160GB in two months.Next two bill were in waiting.I was also in a fix that they will surely track me...but by GOD I was not tracked by phone no. they only tracked IP address.And finally he disconnected his line...I am very sorry..but I think the main faulty was my friend who did not changed his password instantly..So GUYS be careful and don't forget to change your password immediately after getting connected

Hey GUY cool.............I'm not at all a cheater...I didn't even know what will happen...and one thing you should remember that it the responsibility of the user itself to protect his/her account by changing his/her own account information by changing it readily and it is already instructed in the DATAONE forms and elsewhere...Moreover it's the irresponsibility of BSNL authority who provided the same default username &/password...So whom to blame?????? Think twice before blaming me Hope you will not be such a victim

so if you kill someone, you did not make a mistake. the person who died could not save himself so its his mistake? so if you rob a bank... you did not make a mistake. just because the bank had no security, it was ok on your part to rob it? you stole bandwidth. used other people's accounts. none of these are i doubt criminal offenses. you might just get fined or banned from mtnl networks. so count yourself lucky.

Hey guys Back to the huge bill my neighbour had got , close to 23k , got settled close to 5 k recently ... Though he disconnected his Internet , he continues to use his Bsnl phone and share internet from my unlimited plan occasionally when nedded.....Finally some peace...

I had to pay a bill of Rs 20,000 because of my own doing. But If I pay Rs 750, then I have not to bother about excessive usage. When one has to make a one time bill payment of Rs 20,000 then one knows the value of the Home 750 plan. I am looking forward to the day, when tariffs will come down. I use Download Accelerator Plus, and get speeds of 300 kBps. I quite like the BSNL service. However, files like the Open Office installation which is downloaded, can take an hour to download. Downloading movies from Azureus (the bittorrent client) can take a whole day. By movies, I mean files of the size of 700 MB. Azureus is the best bittorrent client, and is supposed to be the fastest. I guess, I am being fussy. There was a time, when broadband was not available. I definitely get broadband speeds. I am sure a time will come when we will get 2 mbps speeds on the wired modem, from BSNL. Websites open pretty fast.

Today is the last day for pay bill, but i am not able to pay online, if i fail to pay the bill today, can i pay bill online tomo or i need to go to exchange to pay the bill.