BSNL Broadband BBG Combo 2150 ULD 4mbps upto 175GB, 256kbps post FUP in Udupi Karnataka

Town: UdupiState: KarnatakaBB Plan: ULD2150Stated D/L Speed: 4mbpsActual: 512Kbps (approx) (mostly less than this)Paying Rs2150 for 512Kbps is crazy. I'll monitor one week else disconnect.

Does your line stats support 4mbps speed ? I never had speed issues with BSNL since last 1 year..

hi coolpkm, I believe my copper adsl line should be able to handle 4mbps. True I don't have FTTH, but the normal copper lines hold be able to handle 4mbps easily.well, I'm not expecting it to be always on at 4mbps, but rather fluctuate between 4-1mbps and at least minimum 1mbps.The BSNL office is 5Km from my house, and my house is inside a College campus. So whenever I say something they say "the lead is very long so thats why you are not getting the speed" If that is the case, why promise to give the connection in the first place?well thats a short version of my story..😛

Line update: Now I'm getting download speeds of 130KBps, for about 6-8hrs a day@x729 here are my line stats. What do these figures mean? Downstream Upstream SNR Margin: 6.4 6.3 dbLine Attenuation: 59.5 40.2 dbData Rate: 1710 860 kbpsMax Rate: 2252 920 kbpsCRC: 1462 597 Regards

Also some background about my connection possibilities,1. I stay inside a small college campus.(parent works here, I live in their quarters)2. This campus is 6Km from BSNL exchange.3. Campus receives a dedicated line from BSNL, very high capacity, only available to faculty (I don't have access)4. Campus wifi supplied by ISP D-Vois, They provide 1Mbps Cap 25Gb for family (This is insufficient for me)5. I work in shipping and have capacity to purchase 4Mbps line from BSNL. I have done so.6. BSNL refused to provide me FTTH, said too much digging, I should make Campus ppl do it.7. BSNL claims my connection is slow because I'm too far for the Exchange. (Is this possible?)8. BSNL says if I want better speeds, I should move to a house in a better location. ( Thats really not their prerogative)Am I asking for too much?Downstream Upstream SNR Margin: 6.0 5.8 dbLine Attenuation: 59.5 40.2 dbData Rate: 1710 860 kbpsMax Rate: 2056 913 kbpsCRC: 2755 597Above are my line stats.Does it mean I only have a 2Mbps connection?

If max rate is the attainable line rate, you will never see 2 or 4mbps. Your stats are, unfortunately, quite bad. Are you facing random disconnections? BSNL made a mistake by giving you that plan.

Hi, uberjonYes, I am facing random disconnections, speed goes down to about 0 - 2 Kbps once every couple of hours.Do you mean they have mistakenly put a different plan than the one I requested?Regards

Unfortunately, bsnl is right when they talk about distance from exchange. An snr of 6db is the bare minimum required for a stable sync, and that is why they've set your line at 1.7 mbps, since that too is giving you a problem, even 2mbps isn't feasible on your line. No, they haven't put you on a wrong plan, your line can't support anything more than 1mbps. Either switch to 1 mbps or look for alternatives. You could try getting them to change the line from the dp box, but I doubt it'll make much of a difference (taking 6km distance from the exchange into account). They shouldn't have given this plan to you in the first place.