BSNL Broadband: Bandwith Saving Tips, HELP!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalps06
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,901
Okie I have also heard of some proxy caching softwares that can save bandwith !!

Yea....besides most plans are quite generous for the regular user....I haven't come across anyone asking tips on how to save usage lately....

Lol don't know but I think I will be running out of my quota i.e 2.5 gb per 30 days that comes to 83mb per day average and I think it's not enough as there r 4 different people in my house using the net, accessing different sites and like that, also I use same connection on my Laptop, so that;s y I have started this thread 😛

4 different people and 2.5 gb man.....thats lavish if u ask me...I mean consider the scenario in my home this month...4 members, 2 notebooks and 250 plan.Of all the follies, my dad ran the ADOBE UPDATER!!! 😡CAN U BELIEVE IT???? I mean who would want an ADOBE UPDATE for the entire CS3 Suite???? And guess what....he downloaded 450 MB!!!:wall: and that too for something he would perhaps never use for the whole of his life except acrobat...Thats almost half the quota for the month....but still, at the end of month, today, I'm left with another 100MB to spare 😀....My usage is primarily checkin mails,orkut and some moderate browsing...so I don't think u'll have to stiflle anybody's usage...Atleast thats what I think...:thumbsup:

Lol Adobe update :lol:, me too hate adobe updatesLol Adobe update :lol:, me too hate adobe updates

and same with Apple products...i don't know why they bundle the iTunes and Quicktime update together...and both of them will cost u around 60 MB... :O

I have installed proxifier to view which all applications r trying to access to internet and how much they r using the net , good tool quite helpful 😀