• Thread starter Thread starter achag1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 38,257

achag1

ISP
BSNL
UPDATE: Updated to v2.1. Read Below.
This is a script I've developed for greasemonkey (an extension for firefox) which gives a summary of the total usage. Users need to log onto the portal(BSNL - Broadband Account Management) and it automatically navigates to the usage page and shows you a summary.
This script is only for new DataOne users with the 117.xx.xx.xx IP range who use the new portal.
This script does not monitor usage but just reads the usage records present in the usage page and provides a quick summary.
This script is open for anyone to modify and redistribute in case bugs/errors are found.

BSNL DataOne Bandwidth Calculator – Userscripts.org
(open the link and click "Install This Script" on the top right area of the page, i.e. if GreaseMonkey is already installed.)

For users new to GreaseMonkey
This is an extension for FireFox which lets users add their own scripts to webpages. These scripts are not uploaded but are stored on the computer and are applied whenever the webpages supplied in the script are loaded. Extremely handy and light extension.

Other computer resident bandwidth monitors like DU Meter are cool, but I prefer to use official BSNL records 😀.

Enjoy

Achintya

Script Updated to Version 2.1. Please install new one. Changelog in description.
Script Updated...

BSNL DataOne Bandwidth Calculator v2.1 – Userscripts.org

bugs and suggestions-PM me.

@achag
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
Congrats on a very good effort. Sorry .I cannot test as my IP is 59.92.85.18 etc.
But the main problem is : new users want isolation of the free night usage from the Total to keep within their Day usage of say 1.5Gb or 2.5 GB etc.
shows you a summary.
Is it in the statusbar of Firefox ?

Its just a simple javascript alert (a popup box) on the usage page. The various statistics it shows are billable usage, unbillable usage(ie night unlimited) and total. all of these 3 contain subcategories upload, download and total of ul and dl.

I would like to welcome u to my BSNL Broadband community on Orkut and would also like you to post this script in there too. So that it maybe be benefited to the newer subscribers.

well i tried ur script, it showed me correct usage for the month of march (unbilled), but when i checked with usage for feb(billed) it dint show the pop up window, is dat coz its being billed or is dat coz there are more than 1000 rows in the details 😕, not sure... well plz check dat .. anywayz awesome effort :thumbsup:, i myself 've developed an excel sheet to calculate the usage 🙂 i use dat as of now !! any upgrades in the script do let us knw... cheers !!🙂

IS there Any spying script !!!!!!!!!!!!

IS there Any spying script !!!!!!!!!!!!
Better to download the script and see it !
or run antispyware program !!!!!!

download and check script coding, this is not a spyware or anyother harmfull script.script writer did a good work........

@adypolythe script will run only after all rows have been loaded ie page is fully loaded.plus they changed the system to billed and unbilled today only. but the script still seems to work well with me as this account of mine is very new and i dont have any billed records 😀.@kanishka, @essbebethis script as stated above DOES NOT send out any information. its completely harmless.@onlytestthanks buddy.

members/achag1/ Sorry. I never implied that. see my first post at No 2. . You have missed the !!!!!!!!! at post 7. Users have got " sensitive information" of great value in their computers, and want full guarantee from the programmer/ forum contributer, that the information will not be "stolen " !!!!!Wish they will read fully the "EULA" of any program/application..