BSNL Broadband and Wireless router setup

• Thread starter Thread starter kartikvv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 6,333

kartikvv

ISP
BSNL
Hi Team , I have the following setup at home :1. Broadband DSL modem from BSNL2. router3. LaptopThe net cable connects to the modem and the ethernet cable connects to the router from the modem. I ran the setup wizard and the net connection was up and running.Problem : When I connect using the cable from the router , the net works perfectly. If I disconnect and want to connect wireless , it shows signal strength as excellent but wont connect to the net or to any site and download mail. I recently introduced WAP-PSK personal security by giving a password.It was working fine 10 days ago, Is it to do with the IE version ? The same laptop connects to my office wifi...no issues.Please advise.CheersKartik

1.Give details of modem and wifi router.2.Post ipconfig/all data Start RUN type cmd type ipconfig/all3. Start/Network/ wireless network StatusAny secured/unsecured connection seen ?

Hi I had setup the security as WPA-PSK and when I removed it , the wireless worked. I then setup WEP but still the laptop wireless couldnt connect. Got a message saying connection limited. Bottomline - not able to secure my wifi.....it works without any security. Pls advise.Kartik

Bottomline - not able to secure my wifi.....it works without any security.

Whether you entered the security key in the laptop. ? Recheck.
Start/All Programs/Accessories/Communications/ Wireless network wizard.

REFERENCE:h t t p://www.chennai.bsnl.co.in/BBS/WA3002G4.htm

No I didnt. Do I enter the first key generated when I login to the Netgear site or use the key automatically generated when you use the wireless Network wizard ? confusing....!!! Sigh !!!

have you tried WEP?? which operating system?? if windows xp ... have you installed service pack?