• Thread starter Thread starter donnie_b2008
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 34,745

donnie_b2008

ISP
none
Hi,
First of all I would like to thank the forum for the knowledge sharing platfom that has been created which is really far better than the Official support of BSNL. I am facing a problem which I have seen. that most of the users are facing .This will be long thread so I request my friends to be patient with it. I have also seen that there are different solutions been placed here. but i wish that is a general and final one to this .

I have a Nokia Siemens C2110 . My Desktop PC is and old one ,Pentuim III -1.2 GHZ , 256 MB RAM ,win xp pro with sp2 and all the nescessary softwares are loaded. The BSNL officials just came in one , simply plugged in the modem , handed me over the CD and gone.
I opened the CD , there were 2 folders , 1) c2110 and 2) sl2_114 .
It is to be mentioned that I have not yet recieved my USER ID / Password. I just want to install the modem properly , check it thoroughly for all the problems that can come in the way keep it ready so that the moment i recieve my User ID /PWD ( Even this is an issue with BSNL, I hope that i get it soon , or atbleast get it !!) i can start surfing.

1) Now what i did first , Open c2110 ( obviously because i have the Nokia Siemens c2110) open service activation manager, an page opens 'Welcome to DSL Startup Wizard ' which checks the computer configuration , the Memory ,processor ,OS, Java, Macromedia Flash and IE5.5.Then it requests for 1)Setup boadband or 2)Home networking .I select Broadband.It request whether it is USB or Ethernet, I choose USB, Then it ask to choose the modem type.There are Type I and
Type II. I choose Siemens Type I.Then it asks to connect the modem.It gves amessage 'Please wait while computer is prepared for USB modem.Then it tries to detect / verify the modem .This continues for 1-2 minutes and then it says the modem cannot be verified.So this is FAILURE No 1.
2)I try a different method.There is a folder called Regular Contents / USB drivers in the folder called C2110 in the BSNL CD.I run the setup file there. It starts running fine but just at the end it gives an error that ' there was a problem in installing the program . Contact the support personnel '. Then the installtion program starts reverting back . the installation is cancelled and an a message is given to reboot.This is FAILURE NO 2.

To be mentioned that for each time i formatted the machine and did exactly mentioned above after fresh on Windows XP professional , SP 2.
Now if thought of another process.After another clean install of Windows Xp prof , SP 2,I plugged in the Nokia Siemens c2110 in the USB port. Now I right click My Computer ,Click Device Manager, Then i Right click the USB Device , Update Driver , select location , set location as the folder where the USB drivers of the modem are kept. This apparantly installs the
modem drivers.I see a network adapter called 'lanroad' is created.i am also manually able to create a PPPoE dial-up screen , i tried to login with a dummy id .it gives an error -invalid user name /password ( this is obvious , i just wanted to see till which checkpoint the connection reaches).
I can also open the site http://192.168.1.1/ and login using profile 'admin/admin'There is an icon of LAN at bottom right saying limted connectivity.So that is my story.
My question is right now whether my modem is really OK or how to check i.Whether the softwares are set up correctly.Please anybody who has WiN XP sp2 with
Nokia Siemens c2110 and BSNL broadband connection ,guide me for this entire process of setting up . and if there is any way of knowing technically it is right or not?
Thanks again for reading such a long one

members/donnie_b2008/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Since you can access the modem, wait for User ID and Password to program it for "AlwaysOn " or for dialup mode.Without ID and PW, check Diagnostics page in the modem . Most entries will show fail.
Para two : see this web site and check your modem is listed.
See the modem and give details. Avoid USB mode for the present.
Use the ethernet port , and post ipconfig/all if not connected.
C2110 ADSL MODEM (Type-A) MENU
Para three: Try with XP Pro SP2 ( SP3 due any day )to start with. Later Vista.
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/27167-dual-installation-win-xp-win-vista/

Update 0915 : If Vista is the present OS .
Hint: you may have to disable IPV6 in TCP/IP properties, sometimes. (
USB drivers may not be compatible for VISTA.

i am really interested in knowing if you can change the connection type from pppoe to bridge in Nokia siemens c2110.open 192.168.1.1 & go to configuration---internet connection.there you should see the first connection as pppoe.try changing it to bridge & then see what happens.also if you can configure port forwarding in pppoe mode in this modem then also let us know because here in my city at least these modems can not be configured in bridge mode using normal methods & also there is no way to configure port forwarding in pppoe mode as all the advanced options are not accessible using web interface.only way you can access those options is by using telnet & as far as i know i haven't found anyone till now who can successfully configure this modem using telnet alone.

i already checked out that thread some time ago & it also present somewhat similar problem.i remember one user here also posting about this problem.apparently after updating the firmware of siemens c2110 with the update in the above mentioned thread you can not use the modem in bridge mode very much like Nokia siemens c2110.i also remember that after updating the firmware the menu of siemens c2110 become very similar to nokia siemens c2110 as that user i mentioned before asked you about DNS relay clients option which wasn't present in the older c2110 but is present in nokia siemens c2110 by default.
But I have a more serious problem and need a solution.But after upgrading the firmware I am unable to configure the modem in Bridged mode. The guys at telephone exchange can not help me as they come to me when they face ANY problems related to computers and/or broadband.
I CAN disconnect and connect manually through the modem management using a browser, but this method is very slow. And I am NOT comfortable with the idea of connecting to the internet behind my back (which happens with PPPoE).
I request members to help me with my problem.
the only solution is to delete the now default pppoe connection & create a new one for bridge mode.

@members/whitestar_999/
Will wait for feedback from @members/donnie_b2008/.
How he gets connected. In "Bridged" mode or "AlwaysOn ".
Hope additional information you have given will be useful to him.
Wait : updating
UPD: 0615PM Is this the modem settings page ?

this page is the default page for siemens c2110 modem with factory settings & firmware.after updating the firmware the bottom most connection(pppoe) will be at top(like in Nokia siemens c2110) i think & just like nokia siemens c2110 this connection type can not be changed to bridge mode.i have siemens c2110 before which got fried & now i am using nokia siemens c2110 in bridge mode.

@/members/whitestar_999/
I have siemens c2110 before which got fried & now i am using Nokia siemens c2110 in bridge mode.

I don't have/use either modem, and so no problem for me , to program in "Bridged Mode" or " "Always On ".

it is almost impossible for an average user to configure Nokia siemns c2110 in bridge mode & forget about configuring port forwading if one wants to use pppoe mode for this modem.i think it is unfair on bsnl's part to provide such modems which does not let you configure the modem as per your wishes because many people like me have bought these modems & therefore would like a complete control over all the advanced functions.

Hi....I am New in This Forum.....Plz Help Me to configure Static ip in Nokia-Siemens c2110 Modem......And Port Forwarding........

to set a static ip go to control panel->network connections then right click on Local Area Connection properties.. and go to tcp/ip properties.. there you can enter your ip address manually.. regarding port forwarding , look for something called as virtual server, this page will help in port forwarding..if that is not visible then look for NAT-DMZ

there is no way to configure port forwarding in pppoe mode for Nokia siemens c2110 modem except maybe by using telnet.at least i haven't found anyone who can do this till now.

can u help me to configure siemens C2110 in pppoe mode. The modem connects but I'm unable to open any web page. Although its working fine in bridge mode.