BSNL Broad Band

• Thread starter Thread starter sanjitcx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,074

sanjitcx

Hi,I wanted to know whether it is possible to use different/another username & password in Dataone. Though, they say to change the password immediately but I have a doubut whether anyone can use others username & password in his/her compter as because the telephone line/nos must be configured against that particular username.

yup it is very much possible ..keep your password safe n secure.

It works. It is not tied up with the phone numbers.The same they told with DIAS but again you can use any username and pw.Sandeep

It means billing system counts from user name password not from telephone line??? we must keep our password safe and secure.

If I understood it right, the billing calculations are not based on the user name, not even on the phone number - but based on the "MAC address" of the modem (the MAC address is unique, worldwide - looks something like: "08:00:69:02:01:FC"). In any case, it is always good to keep the password secure.

Calculations are made on username and not mac address or tel line. i had asked the cc for this eariler

Hi, I m using dataone both in office and at home, i have a 4 gb limit in office wherreas just 1 gb at home...so if i will use my office id and password at my home that means that wont increase my home connections traffic...?are u sure of it....?as fas as i think they calculate traffic through the address of our router(modem) please confirm...that wud be great help..Sandy

it'll be billed to the tel no u use to login...so it won't matter from where u're logging in, from home or office...what matters is which ID (tel no) u're using...so if u're using the office ID, u're pretty safe...

well i m sure they track our traffic via user name password, to figure out i used my one of friends user name password ( with his persmission) and downloaded some stuff about 50 mb what i found that it billed to my friends account not mine