• Thread starter Thread starter knvn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,687

knvn

ISP
BSNL
BSNL Broadband connection hanging

I have recently taken a broadband connection from BSNL under the 500C+ Home Plan in Trivandrum. My connection goes into the ‘hang’ mode frequently. Hang only the BSNL connection, the computer works ok. Nothing corrects the connection ‘hang’, the only solution is rebooting the system. Following are the pertinent details:

Modem: ITI Ltd. Model: DNA-A211-I.
Features: 4 Eth + 1 WiFi 802.11g; ADSL2 + Router.

My operating system is Windows XP. I am using Mozila Firefox browser.

Soon after connection following error message is displayed

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services
Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has
encountered a problem and needs to close. ....
To see what data this error report contains, click here.:

When clicked on ‘click here’, following screen is displayed:

Error signature
szAppName: svchost.exe szAppVer: 5.1.2600.2180 szModName: svchost.exe
szModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 offset: 00001361
To view technical information about the error report, click here.

When clicked on ‘click here’ following screen is displayed:

Error Report contents:
The following files will be included in this error report:
svhost.exe.mdmp and appcompat.txt

Would appreciate step-by-step error correction procedure from anyone knowledgeable.

Thanks & best regards

knvn said:
BSNL Broadband connection hanging

I have recently taken a broadband connection from BSNL under the 500C+ Home Plan in Trivandrum. My connection goes into the ‘hang’ mode frequently. Hang only the BSNL connection, the computer works ok. Nothing corrects the connection ‘hang’, the only solution is rebooting the system. Following are the pertinent details:

Modem: ITI Ltd. Model: DNA-A211-I.
Features: 4 Eth + 1 WiFi 802.11g; ADSL2 + Router.

My operating system is Windows XP. I am using Mozila Firefox browser.

==================================================++++
1.Uncheck all unneeded programs appearing in Taskbar. keep only Firewall and Antivirus applications.
2.RUN AV program.
3. TRY computer in SAFE MODE with internet connection.
4. Update your OS at least SP2 . SP3 also available.
Give feedback info from Step 7 below.
====================================================+++

How to delete svchosts.exe or remove malicious svchost.exe and fix "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close" error and similar problems manually? For advanced users only

To completely solve "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services" problem you should:

1) Scan your PC for the following viruses: CashToolbar Downloader-MY, System1060, CoolWebSearch Svchost32, ADCLICK-AG, ADCLICK-AX, ADUYO-A, AGENT-V, AGOBOT-KL, AUTOTROJ-C

2) Go to Windows Automatic Updates properties (right-click on My Computer, then click on Properties and switch to Automatic Updates tab)

3) Choose "Turn Off Automatic Updates", click OK and reboot your PC

4) Manually update Windows using "Windows Update" shortcut in the start menu

5) Turn automatic updates on

6) If your problem is not solved on this step, uninstall old Hewlett-Packard printer and scanner drivers (if any) and download new drivers from the manufactures web site

7) If your problem is not solved on this step, use the following command to show all svchost.exe instances and associated services or libraries:

tasklist /svc /fi "imagename eq svchost.exe"

Then search for each of services and libraries shown in that list in the Internet to find out whether the entry is malicious or not. In case you find malicious entry, use msconfig.exe utility to disable the appropriate service entry.

Thanks. I will try the suggested trouble shooting, which hopefully will solve my problem.Thanks again.

as mentioned above, get a good antivirus and antispyware and scan your system properly and remove all virus and spyware.. its mostly a virus in action..