BSNL blocked my account for suspicious activity

• Thread starter Thread starter Monkey bot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 10,646
Post your modem's configuration, optical power, ping to google dns, also if you can check your monthly usage. If all looks fine maybe your modem/Pc infected with botnet walware, Sending too many request form same IP.

I don't know all these things.
Shark vision ASv341 wt xpon onto written on the modem.
Data usage as per mybillview.bsnl.co.in
April-sep
329 in GB.
No mention of data usage on oct there.
And this month probably it's gonna be 1.3 tb cause I downloaded/seeded about 500+GB in torrent along with other YT downlads.

Last edited:
@Monkey bot dude, 222,184,170,233,316,329 in GB.?? WOW! That's heck of a lot of data even for 6 months!

I think you should have your machine scanned using a malware scanner just to get a 2nd opinion. Try Malwarebytes free version, it doesn't have real time scanning (the paid versiond does) but it'll double up as a level 2 scanner to Norton. Both can coexist on the same machine.

I'm hearing such a case for the very first time. Unbelievable. Why would BSNL block your connection when they provide 3.3 TB per month usage and your use is well below the limit. Is this real?

The data consumption is just a fraction of the allowed FUP. So if at all he got banned, there would be some serious reason for e.g. his use not being in line with their ( and Govt) ToS and policies.

I downloaded a couple of movies and some games on torrent a few days before and used Norton's own VPN which comes with it's antivirus. Can that be the reason?
Anyway I will contact to the local sdo again and the officials. I will make a video of there statements and will link that video to this thread.

using torrent is not allowed ?
i do use it a a lot , downloaded big games like upto 60-70gb
never happened with me any my friends