BSNL blocked my account for suspicious activity

• Thread starter Thread starter Monkey bot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 10,628
this is not something i have ever heard about happening to anyone around here. iirc there have been very few isolated cases of people getting warnings or maybe legal notices based on their activity online (mostly connected to piracy of new movies which have an injunction order from the courts and so on). but internet blocked when you are paying for it? nope.

I am trying to understand why using a VPN is illegal. Lol

I mean, he cannot be the only one using a VPN. There must be something that ticked them off?!

I downloaded a couple of movies and some games on torrent a few days before and used Norton's own VPN which comes with it's antivirus. Can that be the reason?
Anyway I will contact to the local sdo again and the officials. I will make a video of there statements and will link that video to this thread.

Last edited:
I can't say how much I have downloaded from torrent till date probably 30000GB or even more. Without VPN, past 3 years have been using Symantec endpoint protection. No issues till now. Your issue seems to be other way round like tried to hack BSNL or probably a cyber attack initiated from your IP. This is just imaginary situation as others have not faced this

I will tomorrow. Now the computer is turned off.Initially I thought a lot of users might be facing this problem so. I told earlier I will link a video.I also quite not used to chat in the forums.I made this account today .And what config you want me to post

Hey monkey bro

To better understand

Please tell :

Your bsnl router, if its in bridge mode connected to another router, if the firmware is latest, which model

Which VPN were you using and which protocol and for how many hours a day
What were you downloading using vpn and from which site
Which dns were you using

regards

@Monkey bot We all use VPN, TOR occasionally, that would hardly be the reason for block. As others have said, your options are bsnl's twitter page, then pgportal, and if nothing happens, may be a better ISP.

here i have one device (pi2) permanently connected to a VPN which downloads/seeds 24x7 365 days a year. excitel has no business monitoring what i do with my internet connection.

@Monkey bot We all use VPN, TOR occasionally, that would hardly be the reason for block. As others have said, your options are bsnl's twitter page, then pgportal, and if nothing happens, may be a better ISP.

Hey monkey bro

To better understand

Please tell :

Your bsnl router, if its in bridge mode connected to another router, if the firmware is latest, which model

Which vpn were you using and which protocol and for how many hours a day
What were you downloading using vpn and from which site
Which dns were you using

regards
It's a xpon ont provided by some shark vision comany.
There is no external router .
The vpn is that comes with Norton antivirus.
I just downladed a few games, movies, yt videos from link-removed etc.
That's the default DNS.
I barely use computer and vpn like 10 hours in a month. Most of the time I use tv and other mobile devices.

An Update: One of the bsnl official on WP provided me a number of a user who had the same problem as me. On contacting him he said he runs a recharge and downloading shop a few hundred meters from where I am living.
So what he said was if bsnl will receive a lot of traffic like you are downloading all day over internet(which is not with my case) . They will block the connection on suspect of commercial usage or device got hacked and getting used for botnet. There is no gov agency or cyber authorities involved.Then you have to download the app (which seeks like a promotion of quickheal)and the franchise will confirm from your end then they will give the connection. There is no other way around. If they suspect this again you will be permanently blocked and will get a suggestion of using a commercial broadband network.But it's working fine for him even after two months and uninstallation of the quickheal and other extensions.
The authorities part he said it's just classic Bsnl bs over any technical issues.

All he said makes sense to me but anyway I am switching to some other network from Jan/or immediately if my problem is not solved in the next two days.
Any suggestion or confirmation on this would be appreciated.