BSNL blocked my account for suspicious activity

• Thread starter Thread starter Monkey bot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 10,627
ISP
Wired
I am using bsnl fiber network. Recently I got blocked from accessing internet. On enquiring them they are acting all dumb and saying I got blocked by cyber security authorities. I will get unblock once I install and run swachhatakendra bs. On asking why I got blocked they said probably I am using a VPN(actual talk with SDO).
Any professional assist should be great. I mean should I concern on this. I am not a techy guy.

what is swachhatakendra? is it a software?

If this is true, shouldn't you get a letter/email or something? I'd suggest asking them about whatever they want you run and then tell them that you did all that now please unban be, okay thanks.
If you do get a letter (please ask for it), please post here.

It's completely blocked and I didn't get any kind of mail or notifications.

If this is true, shouldn't you get a letter/email or something? I'd suggest asking them about whatever they want you run and then tell them that you did all that now please unban be, okay thanks.
If you do get a letter (please ask for it), please post here.
Shouldn't I concern about my privacy? They want to run government affiliated quickheal and other extensions. I already have Norton 360 activated. I mean aren't you smelling something fishy here.

Hard to assess the situation from here with limited information but tweet to bsnlcorporate and visit their office and get in touch with higher authorities.

Hard to assess the situation from here with limited information but tweet to bsnlcorporate and visit their office and get in touch with higher authorities.
The exact reason they mention that the isp getting abnormal traffic from my ip.This might happening from VPN using. So the cyber security department blocked the connection. I have to download the above software which will remove all the botnet and other malware present in my computer (which Norton can detect I guess) and once the isp get the clearance from the authorities, after then I'll be able to access the internet.
I don't remember doing any malicious activities or even visiting any malicious sites, which I can't because I am not so technical. I just do regular surfings. So I have some doubts
1.Why some government agency worrying about malware and other things about my computer and forcing me to download another malware in order to access the internet?
2.Am I getting special surveillance for some reason or it's happening with a lot of people/bsnl users?
3.should I change to some other ISP (local ones)?

though i do wonder how do you know it's blocked. are you seeing an error message on loading any website (screenshot would be nice). is the modem not connecting?

i would also file a complaint through pgportal.

The bsnl officials told me that my connection is blocked. And on connecting to the modem it's saying connected/No internet. I tried commands to restart network through cmd admin pannel and did all the network diagnosis but it's not connecting.

did they say if they are still going to keep charging you for this 'blocked internet'?

honestly, if you have an option, just get that and apply for disconnection from bsnl.

if you want to investigate more, bypass local officials and file complaints through the centralized mechanism. if their have an online complaint filing system. social media. and pgportal. and see how they respond.

Yeah thinking about switching isp. But is this happening with any other user? And if it will happen again after switching isp what should I do rather than complaining officials. Thanks.