BSNL Bharat Fiber new broadband plans (30mbps/100mbps/200mbps/300mbps)

BSNL is launching 4 new plans as follows 30Mbps@449, 100Mbps@799, 200Mbps@999, 300Mbps@1499. I don't know anything about FUP at the moment.

Fibre Basic​
Fibre Value​
Fibre Premium​
Fibre Ultra​
Speed
30Mbps​
100 Mbps​
200 Mbps​
300 Mbps​
OTT
Nil​
Nil​
Hotstar Premium​
Hotstar Premium​
Monthly Charges
449​
799​
999​
1499​

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
No update yet.

I applied for a change of plan in the morning through self-care portal and within an hour the plan got changed. Connection went down for a few minutes and when it came back the plan got changed. I was quite surprised how fast it got changed. Guess I was lucky 😃

mine is yet to be changed . i applied a month back and no response from bsnl. i am in bangalore (carmalaram ) . any one in bangalore got the conversion done successfully ?

As long as I have seen, my router is always above 60 degrees
Same on my TP-Link XN020-G3v, its always between 58-63*C. I believe the temperature sensor location is different in different modems thus giving variable temperatures because my modem is pretty new and gives good performance all through and I keep it in 20-25*C room temperature.

I'm on 849 plan and asked them to switch it to 777 plan which got upgraded to 100 Mbps, but they denied saying it's only applicable for new users and even they will get reverted to 849 plan from January 2021.

Attenuation is easy...bend the patch cord slightly and tape it....
Check live signal and tape the most optimal bend.It works magic...

Ok, can someone please tell me what exactly is the structure of passive optical attenuator?
Why not split fiber and leave one end open in the patch box....?
@varkey
Any idea...?

Our aim is to attenuate the signal only. The method you suggested does work in real life but also introduces an unnecessary source of dispersion in the optical system. Overall quality of signal deteriorates for everyone, including yourself. Effects won't be seen with plans under 100Mbps but as you upgrade in the future, you'll start to see problems.

Att: They look just like ordinary fiber termination points except with added optical attenuation. The benefit of an attenuator is that it won't introduce reverse dispersion into the rest of the fiber-optical distribution network unlike non-terminated fiber ends.

Attachments

• images.webp
    images.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 193
Start a new thread for new information/question!
Guys, quick question about this. I to0 upgrade my plan to the Ultra 300Mbps and the plan upgrade has been completed as per the self-care portal however my speeds were still limited to 100Mbps. So as I suspected, the ONT supplied by BSNL LCO on my floor is the Alphion AONT-100C which does not have GigE ports. So I raised a complaint with BSNL and LCO suggested that they can only replace once they get the new ONT from BSNL which can take weeks or even months.

Now, this ONT is configured in bridge mode and the PPPoE, DHCP, etc are all handled by my Mikrotik route, so it essentially right now is only acting as a media converter. So I am thinking, if I just buy a media converter that has GigE port, and replace the ONT with my media converter, will that still work?

I was looking at: