BSNL BB using two routers in PPPoE mode

• Thread starter Thread starter reshadat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,561

reshadat

ISP
BSNL
Hi guys,I'm using BSNL BB Home UL 750+ plan. I purchased type I modem (Nokia Siemens C2110) as I already had Buffalo WHR G125 wireless router for my wireless needs. Right now I've setup C2110 in bridged mode and use my wifi router to dial. But I want the BSNL modem to be in PPPoE mode as my wifi router restarts on power spikes and hence I loose the connection for few mins.Is it possible?

Yes its possible.You can change the WAN Settings on your Nokia Siemens to PPPoE mode. If you want to use the Buffalo to work as an access point you can do that too. But if you say your Router restarts on power spikes then it would not be worth of using it as wifi access point as you would face the same problem again.

Great if its possible. Please tell me what do I need to do as it was not working last time I tried. Do I need to put the Wifi Router in DHCP mode?P.S: Yeah but it'll be better as after each restart, it dials again which takes time. After setting in PPPoE mode, the time required would be a little less!

Connect your computer directly to the modem, configure the modem in PPPoE mode and enter the username and password, save the settings and make sure that you are able to get online.If you are able to get online, check the local ip address rendered by your modem to your computer. It should be of range 192.168.1.x Now disconnect the modem from the computer and connect your computer on wireless or wire to your router. Login to the setup page of your wireless router. If the ip address of your modem and router are the same, then change it to a different. Like if both are 192.168.1.1 then change the ip of the router to 192.168.1.254 for the router. Disable the DHCP on the router.Now connect the ethernet cable from the modem to the LAN Port of the router and not the INTERNET Port. Basically we are making the router a switch as your modem will act as a modem and router.Once these are done you should be able to work on wireless with your modem in pppoe mode.Hope this helps.

That works man! Thank you so much!I didn't knew we can actually plug the ethernet cable from modem to LAN port of router.

Is there any way to increase the download speed by connecting double lan connection to PC.
Like,
[Lan1 connection speed 250Kbps] + [Lan2 connection speed 250Kbps] + [WLAN connection speed 250Kbps] = 750 Kbps
if possible please mail me at rnj.tmcha@ymail.com:huh:

Is there any way to increase the download speed by connecting double lan connection to PC.
Like,
[Lan1 connection speed 250Kbps] + [Lan2 connection speed 250Kbps] + [WLAN connection speed 250Kbps] = 750 Kbps
if possible please mail me at rnj.tmcha@ymail.com:huh:

:iomg: :iomg: :iomg:

Now way

Well u lan can go upto 100 mbps ... 24 mbps for wi-fi ... but the data from the router to ISP was limited to 256 kbps ......

No way dude....

----------

Try to Setup a PPPoe Connection in the Nokia Semines modem ... u might find it easily by a searching the router options. ...