BSNL BB getting disconnected

• Thread starter Thread starter alto
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 10,621
For those using Siemens C2110 the problem lies in the modem itself.I got bbconn. bout a month ago and faced the same prob. I took the modem to the xchange nd they replaced it with an older UT-300R2U.Now the prob is gone.According to them these newer modems are very sensitive to line noise ndhence the prob.So go replace it.

Are Siemens C2110 modems not good? How is the performance? :huh:

Sure thing! Tell them to check ur telephone line.I didnt say C2110 modems are nt gud. They are gud as hell bt only in places where da ph line is noise free or less noisy!:yahoo:

@/members/essbebewhat is FW update? Tell me the procedure. there is a problem that as my telephone and computer is in different room so in order to bring the line into modem I have joined a wire to extend it. As there is a join can it be the cause of disconnection?

@alto
Your PHONE should be connected after the ADSL splitter.
If a phone is used without the splitter your BB signals get attenuated ( reduced).
Phone Junction ==>>RJ11==>>ADSL splitter== LAN PORT=>>Rj11 ==>modem
.....................................................................PHONE PORT ==>>ALL Phones.
If possible shift computer&modem to telephone room and see any improvement.
If not possible use additional ADSL splitter for the telephone
Check SNR/attn in above conditions.
Para two:

FW Firmware update. see this link. There is a page in the modem to do this.
First download the zip file . decompress it and save to say C:/c2110
Attempt update if it is siemens and not Nokia siemens.
If you are not sure, do not attempt firmware update. Your modem may become useless. If on rent BSNL may change it !!!! Not definite.
C2110 (Type-A) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION

@/members/essbebe/I lodged a complaint about changing the wire, it is too old, near about 9 years. Out of 2 wires 1 got rust(Became black). But no response from exchange as yet.The joining is done before attaching to splitter.but as it is a join of wires may it be a problem...!!!The connection is done by the BSNL person. only the joining is by me.

today my BB telephone wires got changed by BSNL after a lot a hassle. But still BB getting disconnected. SNR values still low(5-7), line attenuation very high(40-50). What is to do now??:huh::huh:??

@alto.INFO UPDATE: modem BSNL C 2110 NEW ?telephone lines changed afresh.snr very low 5 to 7 Attn very high. 40 to 70 Frequent disconnections.1.Can you post screen shot of the ADSL page showing above details of snr etc. Change mod to GDMT. If Bitswap is unchecked enable it. 2. Check your RJ11 ( telephone cables) annd RJ45 modem cable for corrosion /darkening/oxidisation etc.3. Disconnect all phones and check SNR again.4 As you are barely 1 KM away from the exchange SNR should be good. 5. Check speed at speedtest.net Mumbai server Post results with ping time.6. Confirm Telephone is working noise free, and bell ringer is loud and continuous.

@essbebe
My modem is Nokia Siemens C2110

Result of speedtest:
https://www.speedtest.net
it varies.

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modemconfigri8.jpg
As the image shows SNR is too low and Lime Attenuation is too high. This is when telephone line is connected.

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modemconfig1ku6.jpg
this is when the line is directly connected to modem.

"Change mod to GDMT. If Bitswap is unchecked enable it. "
what is this? how to do this plz explain.

there is no question of corrosion in RJ11 & RJ45 cable because my BB is new, only 1 month old. but telephone is about 9 year old.

In telephone there is a AM radio like subtle buzz noise. It is gone after sometime when I checked it & it is continuous loud. Plz answer......
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

in telephone there is a AM radio like subtle buzz noise.
1.Please check how you have made connections in the ADSL splitter.
If you interchange LINE and PHONE port connections this problem was felt.
and your data is getting attenuated./reduced.
2Change mod to GDMT. If Bitswap is unchecked enable it.
what is this? how to do this plz explain.
Will check whether modem screenshot is available. in my computer database.
Query: POST SNR data with Telephone/s disconnected, and using ADSL splitter.
ADSL splitter BSNL line ===>>>> LINE PORT
AdslSplitter MODEM PORT ===rj11 Modem
dsl Splitter PHONE port ==== rj11 phone temp disconnection

Try this program:
http://www.trackzapper.com/booster.html

/harman163/Suggestion 1 : Try always on connection. Report SNR /ATTN data . Presume you have exhausted all problems in Telephoneline/splitter connection cables etc.Request : Can you post the screen shot of Modem page where GDMT etc are selected?

@essbebe
I changed the LJU(db box). In prev one the place where the line is to be connected got some oxidation, may this be the problem. After changing it now the connection is fine. No disconnection is occurring. SNR value is 27-30 and is 26-27. Is it ok?🙂

@whitestar_999
Is it necessary to change the default value to G.dmt(standard---->MBisPlusAuto)when the line is working fine? What will be the difference?