• Thread starter Thread starter alto
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 10,620

alto

ISP
BSNL
Hi,
I just got BSNL BB connection just about 1 week ago. It was connected to my existing telephone line. I am getting a decent speed, but the problem is the line is getting disconnected. It is after 1 hour, 2 hour or may be even earlier. My question is why the connection is getting disconnected? It should not be. The connection should have been alive for entire session until I disconnect it manually. But it is not happening. It shows "link to dataone failed".:wall:
Such a crap!!

Get your telephone line checked. Check whether any parallel telephone is connected before the splitter. 🙂

No parallel line is there, all ports are plugged properly. But still then

so having a parallel phone will cause this frequent disconnection problem??me 2 having this and i use a parallel phone.. but i disconnect that phone which is connected bfore the splitter, to use the net.. still its a cause of worry??

i am too facing the problem for the last 3 days before that it was working gr8

is this problem with the new connections?? :wall:

anyone plz help 😢

Local SNRMargin 29.0 dB Local Line Attn 21.5 dB

/members/jagu1986/ Presume SNR 29.0 dB and Attn 21.5 dB is for download stresm.1.Check whether you have selected GDMT2. Also can try openDNS 208.67.220.220 208.67.222.222

members/jagu1986/
Your modem router.
D-Link GLB 502T ADSL 2+
Back up /save present settings.
look under advanced ,or tools.
see under status what is shown for mod gdmt adsl adsl2+

/members/jagu1986/
Try to see the Advanced menu options.
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3528/nokiasiemensc21100pv8.jpg.

glb502T was probably your friend's.

Hello,I too am facing this issue.yesterday i updated my MT880 modem firmware.today i had no issues like. during day it was continuosly on for almost 9 hours. it was unheard of previously. it used to be alive max 1 or 2 hours. then it used to switch off and immediately switch back again. it was a pain.i had also complained to the exchange for this. they said maybe line mistake.so i dont know if they have fixed it or the modem firmware solved it.i will update it after checking for a couple of days.thanks.

Today BSNL changed my modem. But still the problem continues.
I've checked that SNR values are too low(6-7) and Attenuation is very high(greater than 40). What is the reason guys?

members/alto/. If it is an old telephone connection contacts etc may be corroded/oxidised having High resistance contacts Inspect the cables also. confirm telephone line is noise free How far you are away from the Exchange ?

these are my snr values:
SNR 8 dB
SNR 5.0 dB
CRC 0
CRC 0
Attenuation 31.5 dB
Attenuation 57.5 dB

previously it used to be 6 for both always.
after firmware upgrade, adsl type change to g.dmt and open dns this is the value.

so far no repeated disconnection.

it is a brand new line btw.

@essbebe
the distance from tel exchange is just above one 1 km & yes the BB is taken on an existing connection.