• Thread starter Thread starter Praks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 6,317

Praks

Regular
ISP
Airtel
BSNL’s broadband waiting list of about 15,000 will be cleared in six weeks as it has started upgraded connections to 2 Mbps. Thus, it will have a surplus and there won’t be a waiting period. It’s ready to provide 2.25 lakh connections in phases across the city now.

BSNL has acquired the stateof-the-art machinery from vendors U T Star and Siemens, and has already started connecting customers in Jayanagar, Ulsoor, Shankarpuram and other areas.

Apart from faster downloads, a broadband connection has advanced features like automated subscriber provisioning. It’s currently doing trials in video-ondemand, Internet Protocol television and many other features. BSNL already provides online gaming services.

BSNL launched its broadband service in January 2005 and has 1.25 million users across India. It’s now ready to provide 6 million connections.

Good work. :thumbsup: Sarkari Company but Way way better then Old age Airtel.

Once upon a time I was proud to be Airtel broadband user but now its out of market in broadband sector. Wake up Airtel. :wall: :madness:

^ main part reads like a news article . source would have been appreciated ...

Its from the Times Of India paper, dont remember the date though..

Once upon a time I was proud to be Airtel broadband user but now its out of market in broadband sector. Wake up Airtel. :wall: :madness:
Yep, but there is no 2Mbps unlimited is there ?

only free downloads at night 02:00 - 08.00 AM, and that too ppl have being saying its upto and the avg speed over a long time is more like 256kbs. But you being a crazy downloader and all, we might get a more accuarte picture 😀

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Today

TodayKya memory hai! :rofl:

its ok.....it happens......especially after getting pissed of with the stupid fraudband service we are getting. 😡

they would always have a shortage esp in bigger cities. either it would be related to modems or lack of empty ports in crowded sectors.

Yep, but there is no 2Mbps unlimited is there ?

only free downloads at night 02:00 - 08.00 AM, and that too ppl have being saying its upto and the avg speed over a long time is more like 256kbs. But you being a crazy downloader and all, we might get a more accuarte picture 😀

Let us know how it goes 🙂

who's getting 256 kbps at night? I get between 1.7-2.0 Mbps

Sorry for being late.Article is from Times of India- Bangalore - June 4, 2007

who's getting 256 kbps at night? I get between 1.7-2.0 Mbps

How long have u had the 2Mbps plan ?

hhhmm i changed my plan this month.. so just a week actually.. but all my friends on the home 500 plan get speeds comparable to mine..