BSNL AONT-100c, AONT ups Backs up!?

Hey there i just got the BSNL FTTH connection with unlimited plan 675/- 2mbps upto 5 gb and 1mbps beyond!

They fitted me with AONT-100c modem with AONT ups that came with it! Does this provides backup in case of power failure!? when i checked manual it comes with a battery and it mentions it provides backup to the modem!!

It has 3 led indication AC-green, DC-green, Battery-Red also there is no backup during power failure, when i asked the BSNL service men about it he said it act as some sort voltage stabilizing unit and does not provide backup power of such!!! is it true!? i would like to know!!

Please respond !!

Last edited:
They provide a UPS unit with the AONT modem which should provide backup during power cuts.

Hey there i just got the BSNL FTTH connection with unlimited plan 675/- 2mbps upto 5 gb and 1mbps beyond!

They fitted me with AONT-100c modem with AONT ups that came with it! Does this provides backup in case of power failure!? when i checked manual it comes with a battery and it mentions it provides backup to the modem!!

It has 3 led indication AC-green, DC-green, Battery-Red also there is no backup during power failure, when i asked the BSNL service men about it he said it act as some sort voltage stabilizing unit and does not provide backup power of such!!! is it true!? i would like to know!!

Please respond !!
HI,

You will find 4 screws on that ONT UPS open it you will find a battery which is not connected just follow connect the red wire with the red colled plug and black with black and you are good to go you will get a little juice at the time of power failures.

Don't listen to BSN techs as they don't even know that these ONT devices come with a battery .

Enjoy!!!