BSNL 3G with Huawei UMG1831 (t mobile) system Freezes with occational BSOD

• Thread starter Thread starter asab
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,952

asab

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I just bought(from ebay) Huawei UMG1831 (t mobile device) comes with mobile partner software. The device works well with Linux and I am getting speed of around 3Mbps in my area(even though signal is not that good)Problem is with windows 7 (Home premium 32 bit) on HP DV4 2112tu laptop.As soon as i connect to the Internet using mobile partner software System Freezes and sometimes it ends up with BSOD. once it gets hanged there is no way out i have to restart system.I did tried with t-mobile software and also with latest huawei drivers but no luck.Same device works well on win xp(64 bit) with mobile partner software. Also in Fedora 14 .Looks like some conflict with other devices ( i have connected an usb mouse and my HP cdrom also detects as usb) is that the problem?Anyone else have faced the same issues.Guys I am completely stuck here.Please get me out of this trap.Thanks,asab

I am also having the same issue. System suddenly freezes and after that we can only restart.^^ Dude why dont u try uninstalling the anti virus and check. Some where It has been posted that in some cases removing the anti virus solved the issue.

Download and install hotfix released by Huawei for Windows 7. Google for "Hotfix_V100R0 01B004". Or, download it from here: Software - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

I have downloaded this. After downloading this the wireless Broadband connection which was set up when I installed the modem first got removed.
So I created new Dial up connection. But I am not able to connect to lot of websites now. I am able to connect to public trackers but not private trackers. There is also a No Internet Access symbol on the network Icon.

As of now most of the things are fine. Computer freezed only once. Seems the hotfix from Huawei is working. Will have to test for few days and see.Thanks.

I have the same issue with Huawei UMG 1831 which i bought from 3G Store, It's a crappy firmware that comes with the device(T-mobile web connect manager),Please try using Mobile Partner software from Huawei,My issue is fixed now with this new software

I have said this earlier also, the best combination i found while i was using 1831 was MDMA with windows dial up connection set to automatically redial. I felt the Mobile Partner is a good software but a bit heavy on resources.

is this modem any good or it keep giving these kind of weird problems everywhere... 😛