BSNL 3g Truly unlimted plan Enquiry

ISP
BSNL
Hi, guys.

I just found out about bsnl 3g 1099 offer. Is it truly unlimited? And whats the lowest and highest download speed(divided by 8,of course) u getting?

I live in pune (Maharashtra) and burhanpur (Madhya pradesh). Will i be able to get this 1099 unlimited plan in both places?

I also have tp-links wireless router 3420. So which dongle i should buy which will be compatible with it?

EDIT: So i bought 3g bsnl sim and using it on Redmi 3s. In speedtest app i m getting speed of only upto 245 kbps (actual speed divide by 8), but in my pc on IDM through hotspot i m getting speed upto 250kb and for few seconds upto 300kbps, while average its around 235kb i think. In utorrent getting upto only 210kbps, average is 160kbps.

Last edited:
In pune bsnl have capped speed to 2mbps no matter what plan you recharge with.

Thanks for the reply.

Then actual speed is 240kbps ?
Also is it truly unlimited or after 50gb or something it goes down in terms of speed?
What dongle/data card u r using, vidyut?

you can download 1tb if you somehow manage to do that with 28 days validity with 2.42mbps speeds. Max 300kbps thats what you will get.

its a airtel dongle e5573 that I purchased unlocked. Its 2g/3g/4g. Even works with Jio. If you are looking to buy dongle I suggest you the same.

U mean actual speed divided by 8, when u say 300?

its a airtel dongle e5573 that I purchased unlocked. Its 2g/3g/4g. Even works with Jio. If you are looking to buy dongle I suggest you the same.
Where did u buy the dongle and for how much? And if u bought online could u please provide link also?
Thanks

Edit: I just saw its reviews on Amazon, but the device is also wifi router and doesnt seem to be something, that i can connect to my router, like a normal dongle.
Please advise something like a dongle than a dongle+router combo.

Last edited:
@husaintaherali - The all-India BSNL site lists the 1099 unlimited plan, so most likely it's available in both places, but you should still check your local BSNL site and/or talk to the babus in your local BSNL office to know for sure. In any case, its prepaid, so give it a go. Worst case scenario, speeds will be throttled after 50 or 100GB, won't be the end of the world. Don't recharge ever again if you think it won't work for you.

I'm in Kolkata and BSNL 3G D/L speeds here range from about 1.5Mbps (192kbps) to around 6Mbps (786kbps) depending on the time of day. Mostly, though, it hovers around the 2Mbps (256kbps) mark, although, the less said about upload speeds, the better. And yes, the 1099 unlimited plan is available here. Don't know about Pune and MP.

EDIT: I have the Netgear AC327U dongle that works alright, even has voice-calling, SMS and USSD facilities, but don't know if it works with routers. Google is your friend, as always. 🙂

Last edited:
Is it possible that dongles might have been capped..Anyone tried using 3G phones for downloading and stuff ??

why would you want to use a wifi dongle with a wifi router ?
Cuz i have a dualantenna 300mbps router in a 2bhk flat. And wifi dongles range wont be good enough for my flat. Also i heard that wifi dongles have issues in auto connecting to internet after few hours of internet usage.
Also that dongle works with both bsnl 3g and jio 4g and the reviews on Amazon about it are pretty good.