BSNL 3G - PPP error ??

ISP
bsnl 3g
I bought a new bsnl 3g sim and modem for internet use. First I installed it and it worked fine. IT kept getting disconnected though..

After sometime stopped working. " PPP Link control protocol was terminated " - something like that.

I cant remember now.

Then I uninstalled the the software.

Now when i try to reinstal it - when I plug in the device it shows as removable disc and when i click on it, it shows a message - please insert a disc into removable disc

I dont know what to do. I went to bsnl office and they cant do anything. Just making excuses.

Can anyone help pls ?

Thanks
Gaurav Sharma
Gujarat

If you mount the modem in a linux machine, you can see the windows setup files on your modem (if you haven't accidentally deleted them). Copy them to your hard disk and try to install it again.

I am also facing this error - with a brand new 20 days old 3g BSNL USB ModemError is "The PPP link control protocol was terminated"Anyone know how to resolve this?

I bought a new bsnl 3g sim and modem for internet use. First I installed it and it worked fine. IT kept getting disconnected though..

After sometime stopped working. " PPP Link control protocol was terminated " - something like that.

I cant remember now.

Then I uninstalled the the software.

Now when i try to reinstal it - when I plug in the device it shows as removable disc and when i click on it, it shows a message - please insert a disc into removable disc

I dont know what to do. I went to bsnl office and they cant do anything. Just making excuses.

Can anyone help pls ?

Thanks
Gaurav Sharma
Gujarat

even if you uninstall the software, the drivers would still remain... connect using the same usb port that you were using when it worked.. on other ports it might not work and show as removable disk only.. if the system has recognized it as a usb modem, you can find it under "Device Manager" in windows.. delete all existing profiles and start afresh..

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

If you mount the modem in a linux machine, you can see the windows setup files on your modem (if you haven't accidentally deleted them). Copy them to your hard disk and try to install it again.

delete all existing profiles and start afresh..

Did anyone figured out the solution for this problem. I guess this problem is related to sim and not modem.Coz i have 2 sims and i am getting this error on 1 sim, while other works fine.