BSNL 3G: How to start and how much does it cost?

• Thread starter Thread starter emmarbee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5,249

emmarbee

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I've been hearing a lot about 3G lately... And was surprised to see BSNL slashing the tariffs to 700 PM / Unlimited :yahoo: :yahoo:But I'm not sure whether I'll get good speed (anything above 512 kbps, cause right now i'm in wired 512 kbps @ 750 P.M).So I'm gonna buy a new SIM from BSNL and put it in my Galaxy S and check the speed in my house (at different times) and also at different places (my friends' house, so that even they can benefit from these 3G plans)But I'm running low on funds (jobless), so I'd like to know how much does it cost to buy a new 3G sim and get started.I checked the BSNL website and have understood this far-> Have to spend 59 rs and get a SIM-> Have to spend 51 rs (FRC51) to activate data plan (1gb/pm for 2 months)Is that all?Do I need to put other FRCs like 47,52,56,58 etc even if I don't want to make calls and messages on it?Please help! I could ask the customer care - but ....

Thanks for the reply...But i'm aware of that... I'm not asking about the cost to enjoy unlimited internet...I need to have a demo of 3G at my house. I guess BSNL are not providing the demo (at least, guys in chennai aren't aware of that). So I need to buy some sort of trial pack and test the connection over my house.I need to spend the minimum amount and its not a problem if i get very low usage....

Thanks for the reply...
But i'm aware of that... I'm not asking about the cost to enjoy unlimited internet...

I need to have a demo of 3G at my house. I guess BSNL are not providing the demo (at least, guys in chennai aren't aware of that). So I need to buy some sort of trial pack and test the connection over my house.
I need to spend the minimum amount and its not a problem if i get very low usage....

Do you use BSNL 3G now?

ya. I had got a FREE 3g gift pack from bsnl in november. I used it for 2-3 days (till i finished that free 200mb browsing). It still has 6 months validity.My dad had bought a 1GB plan + 3.6 mbps data card. I used it once.And now I'm having my friend's 4200 plan + 7.2 mbps data card. It'll be with me for 2 days.

ya.
I had got a FREE 3g gift pack from bsnl in november. I used it for 2-3 days (till i finished that free 200mb browsing). It still has 6 months validity.
My dad had bought a 1GB plan + 3.6 mbps data card. I used it once.
And now I'm having my friend's 4200 plan + 7.2 mbps data card. It'll be with me for 2 days.
Which area you're from? What's the consistent speed?