BSNL 3G connection problem

• Thread starter Thread starter indianheart
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 11,207

indianheart

ISP
Bsnl 3G
Hi guys,I migrated from 2G to 3g yesterday and activated the unlimited internet pack for 1499rs.I am able to browse in mobilephone without any problems.But when i connect to my laptop via Nokia PC suite the connection is okay for 7-10 minutes and after that no websites could be loaded.I can see internet is 'connected' but no data transfer is taking place.It works fine again when i 'disconnect' and connect again,but same problem will repeat after 7-10 minutes again.I'm using nokia E75 and assesspoint 'bsnlnet'I'm having trouble in downloading big files due to this problem.Can someone help me troubleshoot this problem?thanks in advance.

The problem occurs because of a limitation in the current USB modem driver (Usbser.sys).

1. Removed Nokia PC Suite and installed OVI Pc Suite. It is the latest suite from nokia and it had latest drivers for Nokia modems. If you are using Windows 7 then this step is more useful.
2. In the modem configuration properties, change the maximum speed to 26000+.
3. Installed the microsoft hotfix patch number KB925681. See the description of this hotfix and you can understand. Its closely related to disconnection issues

if you are using windows 7 32 bit download this

Windows6.1-KB925681-x86.msu -> Language Neutral Windows 7 Hotfix Downloads -> Language Neutral Hotfix Downloads -> Downloads

Let me know if this worked for you.

Hi guys,
I migrated from 2G to 3g yesterday and activated the unlimited internet pack for 1499rs.I am able to browse in mobilephone without any problems.But when i connect to my laptop via Nokia PC suite the connection is okay for 7-10 minutes and after that no websites could be loaded.I can see internet is 'connected' but no data transfer is taking place.It works fine again when i 'disconnect' and connect again,but same problem will repeat after 7-10 minutes again.I'm using nokia E75 and assesspoint 'bsnlnet'
I'm having trouble in downloading big files due to this problem.Can someone help me troubleshoot this problem?thanks in advance.

Did you get the Rs 1499 pack from BSNL office or franchisee or somewhere else ?

The problem occurs because of a limitation in the current USB modem driver (Usbser.sys).

1. Removed Nokia PC Suite and installed OVI Pc Suite. It is the latest suite from nokia and it had latest drivers for Nokia modems. If you are using Windows 7 then this step is more useful.
3. Installed the microsoft hotfix patch number KB925681. See the description of this hotfix and you can understand. Its closely related to disconnection issues

Windows6.1-KB925681-x86.msu -> Language Neutral Windows 7 Hotfix Downloads -> Language Neutral Hotfix Downloads -> Downloads

Thank you bro.I did exactly as you informed and it worked!!!!(Those idiots at customer service were advising to file a complaint in bsnl for this problem!!!!)thanks again...

Krishna,Is this patch available for Windows7 64 bit version also?And how do you change the modem transfer speed, is this the settings on mobile or in Browser(if on browser is this on IE or on mozilla also)

I have the same disconnection issue..already installed the hotfix..but the speed 26000 is not in the usb modem -> configure ..speed list. ???

i bought a bsnl 3g sim yesterday but it is giving me very less speed of 20-30Kb/ps only whereas i have a mtnl 3g sim also it gives me a speed of 175-200 kbps..i live in varanasi which has cellone coverage but still i am getting such speed on bsnl sim..so can anyone tell me how can i check whether my sim is 3g or not??

Thank you very very much, i was facing frequent disconnections on my both (AIRCEL 3G and BSNL 3G) when connected via OVI SUITE ( my phone e72)

I have no problem in WINDOWS xp service pack 3 but i was facing this issue on WINDOWS 7.

I

1499 is pretty xpensive are u getting good speeds on ur pc nd on torrent btw ??

i am facing disconnection issue in my bsnl 3g. i am on 4200 plan and the period is still remaining ,but from past 3-4 days i am facing very heavy disconnection problem. i am getting good signal strength .i never face this problem from past six-seven months after getting connection of bsnl.pls provide me the solution,,,,