browsers crash

• Thread starter Thread starter segarmv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,385

segarmv

ISP
bsnl
i have a old p4 machine...i have a firefox 3.5 and a ie6...my problem is that my browsers crash often so that im not able to browse anything...my system time even if updated in bios page and control panel is not stable,it changes to 1/1/2000...so has this got any relation to the browser crash..plz help me with this...i guess i need to do a cmos reset..but before doing that is there any other methods to fix these issues...i also tried with restoring the ie to defaults...still no go...

my system time even if updated in bios page and control panel is not stable,it changes to 1/1/2000...

for this problem, try changing that small battery which is there inside your CPU.

ya i know that,but before changing the battery is there any other alternative...bcos u know thats gonna be a bit tuf to change the battery as it is right beneath all those cables and slots...also my real question is if i change a battery will it rectify my browser issues as well?....

Reinstall the browser and check. Could be a possible virus infection. While reinstalling, do not retain the previous settings.