Brother DCP-L2531DW

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,410
I have HP M126NW since 2016, connected over wifi with broadband router. Prints perfectly over wifi from 3 laptops and 4 mobiles. My 12 yr old has been using it independently for last 5 months for online class purposes, printing average 10 pages a day.

well yeah. but wanted a combo this time around. stopped myself from spending 3-4K more for the ADF model. hopefully this one would last for a while. my luck with HP inkjets has been quite disastrous. was tempted to go for an ink tank printer. but decided to avoid that considering i already have a super annoying inkjet at home that is painful to use because of wireless connectivity issues. but manageable for color prints here and there.

Got the delivery and set it up. Mobile printing was a bit tricky as Brother Print Service Plugin wasn't detecting the printer. Then found out that it uses Mopria Print Service. Overall pretty good and compact laser MFP with auto duplex.

RvjzPPp.webp
vhdfZTA.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
i would be getting it hopefully sometime this week. should have ordered from Amazon itself. dunno why i bothered going local lol.

got mine today. quite impressed with it so far. power cord is not detachable. display is like cheap cordless devices with single line so configuration is sort of annoying. especially entering wireless password using two buttons where you go through all numbers and then all alphabets in small and then all alphabets in capital and then special characters. though this bit can be avoided by connecting the printer to a computer first and then configuring it through the browser based interface. windows 10 detected it automatically with all the major features. nishant i believe installed brother app suite. i haven't felt the need so far.

so just took out a bunch of prints. quite impressed with how quiet it is compared to my previous (budget) ricoh. print quality even on toner saver mode is pretty good unless you are trying to read the fine print on bank statements which is usually in smaller size and grey in color.

also just noticed that the model mentioned in title and thread was the one with adf. we bought the model without adf.

Last edited: