Broadbandforum.co Blocked By Airtel

ISP
2mbps UL "Magic Connection"
Hey, i was trying to log on to this site from the past few days, but everytime there's an error,but when i switched to a proxy to verify (If airtel's really blocking the site) this thing !The site opened quite well (through proxy) .so did some one noticed this thing too !Note: right now I'm using Proxy to access this site !

I've been having some problems too...... On an average, I can only access this site once in 2 days or so. I get through eventually though without using a proxy so not sure how accurate you are on your claim of Airtel blocking this site.

the site is definitely not blocked on airtel as i am on airtel and it works fine at my end. it was somewhat locked yesterday because of a borked update. i was waiting for the IPB guys to respond and they took way too much time. i reverted back to a backup. i simply want to upgrade the installation to the latest stable edition and trying myself of course did not work.

hi rajeev this is pavank i got new airtel connection, so please give me idea how use proxy setting and to view this site by using airtelbye

I guess theres no probs wid Airtel, I wuz having this problem for the past 1 month n u c now I can view the site! Something fishy is either wid Airtel or wid the Server of the site. I wuz wondering if the Admins switched servers n there wuz some DNS problems... Anyhow I now suspect Airtel... Any rock solid evidences? Anyone having similar problems?And sushubh bhai I guess 2.1.6 is a stable version.. Keep an eye on the load on server, sometimes overloading the server could cause the site not to open. But so far no trouble wid the server since I joined till recently.. And IPB is quite a good forum software to install.. Maybe some Mods or Add-ons won't quite get to work... u cud install them after asking the IPB guys in case its a registered version. PPl like me can well figure their own way out!! 😛 Hee... he... 😀

Is that link thru a proxy server?

ok I figure out a way to solve the problem... I think the problem occurs when you have set up your DNS server addresses to be obtained automatically. So go into the properties of your network connection, click on TCP/Ip and click on Properties. Change to "Use the following DNS Server Addresses" and enter:208.67.222.222 ---> Preferred DNS Server208.67.220.220 ---> Alternate DNS serverThat solved the problem for me, and I could access the forum instantly, whereas I couldn't for the last few hours or so.

well. some guys are unable to access the forum using these dns servers as well. i am totally confused.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Dec 26 2006, 12:29 AM) [snapback]71740[/snapback]
well. some guys are unable to access the forum using these dns servers as well.

i am totally confused.
[/b]
I think they might still have the old IP in their DNS resolver cache, happens if you have the DNS client service running (default). So even if they use opendns, it will still be picking out the old address. To test

ipconfig /displaydns

to reset it use

ipconfig /flushdns

Since i changed to the opendns servers, i have not had any probs accessing this site apart from the times when it *was actually* down.